2062041.jpg

The Regency Tavern, Russell Square, Brighton

2113739_664a6db0.jpg

The Windmill, Upper North Street, Brighton

thewindmill.jpg

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The Bugle for me. Proper, old-school, friendly backstreet boozer. Not overly fond of The Windmill. Have strangely not had the pleasure of going to Craft Beer, the last time I set foot in that place it was still the Princess Victoria years ago. The Regency Tavern I've always found a bit odd and The Cliftonville is basically Wetherspoons in Hove, isn't it?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I hadn't realised until I looked for a photo that this Cliftonville is in fact the Wetherspoons on George Street. I've heard its name so many times (mostly in threads from Ernest) but never made the connection it was just a run of the mill 'spoons.

I don't want to be snobby about this competition and every entrant was nominated by at least two people so they've all merited their place BUT I wouldn't expect any Wetherspoons pub to progress beyond the group stage.

Seagrrl

Jan 22, 2012
Hove
The Regency had everything you could want from a pub, good service, fantastic landloard, great beer, free warm mince pies on Christmas Day if you popped up for a pre-lunch pint and completely over the top Christmas decorations. Still like the place but not the same since it was sold to Shepherd Neame.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
And that's voting CLOSED on this group.

No surprise to see the Craft Beer Co. through top, and a late flurry sees the Windmill overtake the Regency to go through as runners up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here