Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had a pot of cash......

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm going to give the boring answer and say I wouldn't invest at all, because,

A. There are far more worthwhile things to put your spare millions towards, than a football club.

And B. we (the fans) seem to be largely ungrateful, spiteful, morons who are never happy, and would still moan about what I'd done, even if I did throw all my millions at it.

Is the correct answer!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

A. There are far more worthwhile things to put your spare millions towards, than a football club.

And B. we (the fans) seem to be largely ungrateful, spiteful, morons who are never happy, and would still moan about what I'd done, even if I did throw all my millions at it.

That's my take on it. They might get my money via sponsoring a ball now and again.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
as someone has already recently spent money on stadium and training facilities, really only players to spend it on now, isnt there?

via a fat sponsorship deal to circumvent the FFP rules, buy a pub and pay millions for the name on the training kit.

even easier than that. If a club can only spend what they receive from ticket sales etc then just create three Super Seats with personal butlers. Then sell them as season tickets to your three Qatari-based cousins for £50 million each. If they want to actually use them then they can bloody well pay their own plane tickets !

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

This, a million times over.

I'd invest it in a box on the halfway line with unlimited booze. And I might give Albion in the community a bit of cash. I I was going to give any of the rest away, I'd give it to friends and family, not a football club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The club already has a saviour in total control, I wouldn't invest a bean, mostly for the reasons HKFC has given.

If I did invest millions I know that I couldn't resist doing a Parish and coming on here arguing with all the know it alls who would be moaning about who I'd spent my money on. This would not be a good thing.

I'm out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here