Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had a pot of cash......

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
......how would you invest it into The Albion?. Would you rather it went into creating a foundation of superb future proof facilities or on players salary's that would fast track us to the prem?. Or something else?

You can't have it all.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
......how would you invest it into The Albion?. Would you rather it went into creating a foundation of superb future proof facilities or on players salary's that would fast track us to the prem?. Or something else?

You can't have it all.

The former. Paying fat salary's is no guarantee of promotion success and SHOULD lead to sanctions soon anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as someone has already recently spent money on stadium and training facilities, really only players to spend it on now, isnt there?

via a fat sponsorship deal to circumvent the FFP rules, buy a pub and pay millions for the name on the training kit.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
as someone has already recently spent money on stadium and training facilities, really only players to spend it on now, isnt there?

via a fat sponsorship deal to circumvent the FFP rules, buy a pub and pay millions for the name on the training kit.

If we had a pot of cash left to spend then yes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm going to give the boring answer and say I wouldn't invest at all, because,

A. There are far more worthwhile things to put your spare millions towards, than a football club.

And B. we (the fans) seem to be largely ungrateful, spiteful, morons who are never happy, and would still moan about what I'd done, even if I did throw all my millions at it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would by a striker that scores more goals than he misses. :facepalm:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

A. There are far more worthwhile things to put your spare millions towards, than a football club.

And B. we (the fans) seem to be largely ungrateful, spiteful, morons who are never happy, and would still moan about what I'd done, even if I did throw all my millions at it.

Very much agree with this! You would ultimately be throwing your money away!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
but but Barnes and CMS are rubbish because they miss more than they score, t'is the wisdom of NSC.

(see recent Barnes thread)

Yes but if they score it how can it be missed?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'd use it to try and buy equity in the club but I suspect shares wouldn't be "available".

TB's not daft - he wouldn't have invested so much in the club without acquiring equity at the same time - anyone who did would be mad!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes but if they score it how can it be missed?
I haven't got a clue hence the :facepalm:.

Ask this chap:-

Is Ashley Barnes strong? No.
Is he quick? No.
Can he go past people with skill? Definitely not.
Does he out jump central defenders in the air? No
Can he create space in the box? Yes.
Does he finish when he gets the chance? He misses far more than he scores.
Has he ever made the difference in any match? No - we have never get any points to look back and think 'thank God we've got Barnes in the side'.

Or ask those in the anti CMS camp that level the same argument at him.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

And when the football league deem this to be unfair and imposes a transfer embargo on the club, or more of your money ends up being given to the likes of Millwall, you can go off and start a charitable foundation to aid the illiterate millions in Africa instead. Or something.

D

Deleted member 18477

Depends how big the pot of cash is... If I had billions I'd give the Albion a few hundred million.

If I had millions then I don't think I'd bother wasting my cash on football as there's far better things to spend money on.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Is the correct answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here