Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls player, currently a wasted opportunity...

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
....could really do SO much better. The Calde interview is the one recent example of something decent. Surely someone in PR needs to get their arses in gear? It's not as though the highlights make for great viewing at the moment so at least do some interesting other things, jeez. No offence or 'owt but come on. Give us something to get stuck into and all enjoy and identify with until the injury list goes away. :bounce:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
....could really do SO much better. The Calde interview is the one recent example of something decent. Surely someone in PR needs to get their arses in gear? It's not as though the highlights make for great viewing at the moment so at least do some interesting other things, jeez. No offence or 'owt but come on. Give us something to get stuck into and all enjoy and identify with until the injury list goes away. :bounce:

Where I totally agree with you I don't think posting it on here will make squat diddly of a difference. Or are you just having a rant, if so that's fine rant away.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I just realised we haven't won for a while because I never got round to watching the pre-match press conference*. I watched the Watford one this morning, so be prepared for a 4-0 Albion victory tomorrow :albion2:

*On a related note, how come the press conferences are no longer filmed in the designated press room?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Cancelled mine this season. Simply not worth spending money on. Aggressive sales team I have to say. Customer service when trying to cancel was abysmal.

D

Deleted member 22389

There is so much they could be covering, what about the Training ground. Also I don't think I have seen one oscar interview from the actual press room this season. This was always a main feature with Gus. It's stupid because don't the club get commission from Seagulls Player, so wouldn't it be in their best interests to make it better.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

really
you might be lucky and get the lazy sods to turn on the commentary for start

OK for the last match but I have no doubt it will slide back to the way it was
will say though the highlights are good and longer than those on you tube
very debatable whether the commentary is that good so maybe a change of reliable commentators would be good

END RANT

Dec 29, 2011
I think adding in coverage of DS games would reduce cancellations, or increase subscriptions. Would be cheap to implement too

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Yep the seagull player is good value and at less than 10p a day, it hardly breaks the bank. The Bloom interview was very informative so no complaints from me.

I've got no problem with my donation and have no intention of cancelling my subscription. I only get to go to a few northwest games these days and am all for supporting the club. Just think they could keep us more in touch with players / new training ground blah blah more.

Like I say, keep it entertaining and stuff. Not that hard, surely?

:bhasign:

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
With regard to having to listen to the Doncaster commentary yesterday for the first 15 minutes or whatever, I would have rather watched CMS making a shepherd's pie, Bridcutt showing us round his cars or Ulloa out feeding the ducks or something. Give them something to do when not at the doctor's.

On a related note, how come the press conferences are no longer filmed in the designated press room?

Gus took the key and won't give it back until we give him the fiver back

Funny Gus should be mentioned, pre-match press was held only at the Amex press room because it was what he wanted. Now the general protocol is home matches at the Amex, away games at the Uni training pitches. Pre-match stuff will all shift over to the new training ground once it's completed, which will have it's own press room and I believe be similar in size to the one at the Amex.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Haven't they said the press room at Lancing is an exact replica of the press room at The Amex so that HB&B wont be confused as to where he sits ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Resolution of the highlights is awful if we're listing shortcomings

There are two settings for the picture quality , low and high. The default setting is low. Last season there were three settings - low , medium and high but this season the high setting has replaced the medium setting so the picture is very mediocre but not as blocky and pixellated as watching it in low quality.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Extended highlights at 6 and a half minutes? Doesn't seem very good value...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here