Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennets Field-What is really happening

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So many rumors about what this will be turned into,if anything

so does anyone have any inside info?on a personal level it worries me immensely as i take a wheelchair bound person there,i would be very concerned if this area was closed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

so does anyone have any inside info?on a personal level it worries me immensely as i take a wheelchair bound person there,i would be very concerned if this area was closed
One thing we can be certain of is wheelchair access will not be compromised.
Wherever it's moved too it'll be ideal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You have more faith than me
Oh come on, the club isn't run by ogres.

As and when things change for you, you write 1 email explaining the situation and you'll probably be allowed to drive to your seats.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not plural, no.
So Tony Bloom is an ogre?

You can't mean Barber, because he is answerable to TB.
As and when PB is deemed to have acted ogreishly it's either sanctioned by TB or done with his grace.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh come on, the club isn't run by ogres.

As and when things change for you, you write 1 email explaining the situation and you'll probably be allowed to drive to your seats.

Crikey Almighty,excuse me for asking a question that actually is a worrying factor as to weather my old man gets a season ticket next season,**** the fact he is disabled but bennets field is a lifeline to him and his supporting the albion,so i was just putting out a genuine question what on earth is going on with the the place

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crikey Almighty,excuse me for asking a question that actually is a worrying factor as to weather my old man gets a season ticket next season,**** the fact he is disabled but bennets field is a lifeline to him and his supporting the albion,so i was just putting out a genuine question what on earth is going on with the the place
Oh hang on cross wires here.

I was (badly) saying the club isn't going to hang your Dad out to dry in it's march for progress.
I'm sure the club would go out of it's way to find a genuine space for a genuine fan who is inconvenienced because they are not ogres.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It's a fair point but what did the club say when you emailed them with your concerts?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh hang on cross wires here.

I was (badly) saying the club isn't going to hang your Dad out to dry in it's march for progress.
I'm sure the club would go out of it's way to find a genuine space for a genuine fan who is inconvenienced because they are not ogres.

no offence taken
but this is the question i am asking,and i know most people dont give a shit because it involves the disabled supporters,currently Bennets field is a god send,what will happen with access when then Hotel is fully Built on this site?I know we are in the minority with regards to access etc but i am just expressing my views

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's a fair point but what did the club say when you emailed them with your concerts?

in fairness drew i have not contacted the club,this is something that very much concerns me,but rightly or wrongly i have chumped it out there on NSC,It is one of those subjects that is how can i say difficult to approach.......on the one hand the club is absolutely amazing with the facilities it offers to its disabled supporters and yet i feel concerned they will get shafted re bennets field

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The club will have to negotiate with the Bennett family if they want to build anything on that land as it's only leased to us. It was short term which ends at the end of this season!

If I was Bennett, I would turn it into an urban farm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
no offence taken
but this is the question i am asking,and i know most people dont give a shit because it involves the disabled supporters,

Hang on a second.
Anyone would think you're spoiling for a fight.

Are you of the opinion able bodied Albion supports wouldn't give a flying F about wheelchair bound Albion supporters getting screwed over?

I think we support different teams.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
The club will have to negotiate with the Bennett family if they want to build anything on that land as it's only leased to us. It was short term which ends at the end of this season!

If I was Bennett, I would turn it into an urban farm

Im glad youre not Bennett then. Turn it into a hotel and put the urban farm in churchill square surely

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hang on a second.
Anyone would think you're spoiling for a fight.

Are you of the opinion able bodied Albion supports wouldn't give a flying F about wheelchair bound Albion supporters getting screwed over?

I think we support different teams.

no you are quite right,i apologise

albion fans are magnificent with their support of disabled fans,i apologise i was being far too flippant in the general argument, my concerns however re bennets field still remain

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The top car park isn't part of Bennett's Field, do you realise this?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As far as I remember........The initial lease/rent of Bennetts field was only about three years. Having said that not all of the tarmac is Bennetts field. There is a strip along the bottom that is land the Club stands on.
So were the Club or the Bennetts extend the lease/ rent of the field, the result is just a slightly smaller Bennetts field car park. The next bit I assume is whether when the Student accommodation and car park is built, does that render Bennetts field unnecessary or will that become the Hotel car park?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Think you'll find that the bottom end of Bennett's (nearest the Stadium) is where the hotel will be...there will be a loss of a few parking spaces,the carpark itself will remain for use matchdays....no loss of disabled spaces...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here