Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Hughes

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Did anyone else see the Man U highlights and think the Hernandez tackle was debatable for a yellow yet Hughes thought it should be a red?! The defender cleared the ball and followed though on to the attackers foot. A foul yes but if that is a red in the Premier League then I am not sure I'm interested in the Albion being promoted (this may be lucky on our current form)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yellow: Yes
Red: No

Hughes: Grade A bellend.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
There is no probable about it. Definite yellow, debatable red!

What can you base a shout for a red on? He was going for the ball, was not aggressive or using excessive force and it was actually the defender kicking the outstretched foot of the challenging striker. Reds given far to easily today IMHO and ruining good hard competitive games of football

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
It was a naughty tackle and could easily have been a red card.

That type of tackle needs to be removed from the game as they can easily break ankles/legs - I speak from experience having cracked my tibia being on the receiving end of a 'tackle' like that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only saw it on MOTD but thought that it warranted a yellow but would have understood had it been a red. Another tackle they showed and highlighted on MOTD, may have been the same match, where a chap went in with a challenge and took the other player just above the ankle and I dont thnk a card was given at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here