Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moon River

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It was plainly a bad choice of song for the singer.....unfortunately it was a worse choice of singer for the song. In a nutshell it was biodonical. Hasn't she got any friends that are kind enough to tell her that she is tone deaf. So saving her the misery of lost expectations and us the misery (wife's choice) of having to listen to it. :cool:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tonights vote adds weight to the argument that one of the first persons that lost out said, that the winner is already known and the voting is a farce and bares no relevance to who actually wins.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It was gratingly terrible. Her sobbing made me want her to go all the more. Her microphone shook throughout the song trembling with the shame her rendition brought to proceedings. I'm hoping she'll reappear with the flowers around her head as a crown of thorns, her forehead speckled with spots of bleeding disgrace, each of them leaving a permanent stain on Nicole's dress and Greggs-advertising character. Harumph says this old-timer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Programs like the X-Factor should be banned

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Has anybody ever f....d up a classic song like Moon River as much as that Abi did on X Factor tonight. It was awful. Why is she still on the show?
I hate the show and only heard it because the wife was watching but I thought exactly the same, totally ruined the song.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That is what I'd expect to see at any half decent end of term school concert, not the finals of a national television talent contest. Ordinary.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The depressing thing is it's already been done before and so much better. If you want to see a plain bird with straight brown hair and glasses with a proper singing voice try Nana Mouskouri from 40 years ago.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
There's a local singer-songwriter called Kaz Simmons who does a pretty good cover version of this song. Think she is bringing out a new album in the next few weeks.

theboybilly

That boy band, the ones who took their mum along (jeez) were so out of tune yet the judges were so over the top in their praise it was embarrassing. Michael Jackson has a lot to answer for as they all seem to copy him in some way. There is never a truly original act on this show.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought this was going to be a thread about the naming of a celebrity's child.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
It was plainly a bad choice of song for the singer.....unfortunately it was a worse choice of singer for the song. In a nutshell it was biodonical. Hasn't she got any friends that are kind enough to tell her that she is tone deaf. So saving her the misery of lost expectations and us the misery (wife's choice) of having to listen to it. :cool:

biodonical?

WTF does that mean

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The stand out performer is Sam Bailey but she wont win as she doesnt fit the image of a pop idol. As Gary Barlow said she sung her song better than the original by Celine Dion

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here