Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you ever have this feeling?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
About how mind blowing it is that we are these conscious beings grounded to a rock by some mysterious force we call gravity -this rock that's spinning around as we orbit a huge star, that also happens to be orbiting the galaxy centre with billions of other stars. Our galaxy being one of thousands of billions - if not trillions of other galaxies that each contain billions of other stars and planets...Everything right now, everything on earth, the solar system, galaxy... all of it has evolved over billions of years to how it is right NOW at this very moment. We can tappy tap on our laptops and mobiles that give us the capabilities to communicate in many ways to anywhere in the world. We can locate where we are by connecting to satellites orbiting the earth...And yet, everyone is still miserable and complaining about the most little things... (see:twitter, news articles comment sections etc). At the end of the day, we (humanity) literally have no idea what's going on, at all. We know nothing. This pondering does not make me depressed or anxious, but I just seem to be in the minority of people that is constantly amazed by it all....I guess it may be the way we're educated that doesn't allow us to question the unanswered mysteries of life, so we instead focus on pointless trivialities all of our lives like celebrity worshipping and excessive drinking.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
About how mind blowing it is that we are these conscious beings grounded to a rock by some mysterious force we call gravity -this rock that's spinning around as we orbit a huge star, that also happens to be orbiting the galaxy centre with billions of other stars. Our galaxy being one of thousands of billions - if not trillions of other galaxies that each contain billions of other stars and planets...Everything right now, everything on earth, the solar system, galaxy... all of it has evolved over billions of years to how it is right NOW at this very moment. We can tappy tap on our laptops and mobiles that give us the capabilities to communicate in many ways to anywhere in the world. We can locate where we are by connecting to satellites orbiting the earth...And yet, everyone is still miserable and complaining about the most little things... (see:twitter, news articles comment sections etc). At the end of the day, we (humanity) literally have no idea what's going on, at all. We know nothing. This pondering does not make me depressed or anxious, but I just seem to be in the minority of people that is constantly amazed by it all....I guess it may be the way we're educated that doesn't allow us to question the unanswered mysteries of life, so we instead focus on pointless trivialities all of our lives like celebrity worshipping and excessive drinking.

Come to think of it I might have a smoke now.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

I know exactly what you mean. But I try not to think too deeply about it too regularly or my brain starts going funny. We know so much, but so little.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I have come to the conclusion that our universe has flat sides.

My theory is if our universe was surrounded by six other universes our universe would be a cubed, and the elusive dark energy all the scientists are trying to find is actually force that comes from these connecting universes not from our own. That's why they cannot find it.

Based on the bubble cube, that's as far as I have got if it helps.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I feel an Eric Idle song coming on!!!

I was going to post something similar.

But in response to the OP, Can't say I am obsessed with celebrity culture - in fact quite the opposite!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

Never mind. Three Points on Monday and it will all make more sense !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here