Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there any chance of Monday's game being postponed due to the storm?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
....or is the Sky TV Money more important to the club than the safety of fans travelling to the Game?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We could probably do with it being called off so we can play it again when we've got some players fit but I think the storm would have passed by Monday evening.

YouOrns97

Oct 25, 2013
....or is the Sky TV Money more important to the club than the safety of fans travelling to the Game?
As a Watford fan having paid £30 for a train down I bloody well hope it doesn't get called off. This is football not cricket.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It's highly likely that the storm will have passed by kickoff time so any postponement would be due to structural damage to the stadium. I doubt that would be the case unless it generated a tornado that passed right through it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lets say is were called off.

If neither team were effected by call ups could the replay be played 16.11, the next international weekend?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As a Watford fan having paid £30 for a train down I bloody well hope it doesn't get called off. This is football not cricket.

You do realise it would be far more likely to be called off due to transport failures than the ground not being playable so nothing to do with the actual sport being played.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

So if 15, 000, 000 trees come down, like in '87, a lot of them on the railway line, presumably you will be out there clearing them? :shrug::facepalm:

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if your dilapidated stadium was damaged by the winds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here