Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best place to park

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I'm driving down for the Watford game and was wondering what car park is the nearest and easiest for getting to and exiting, Bridge or university? Advice is most welcome !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can book the Uni match by match now and would be my preferred option every time as you should get away much quicker, particularly if you hot-foot it as soon as the game ends.

Leaving The Bridge can take a fair while.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Or you can park In Lewes and it's one stop on the train. Free of course.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Park in Coldean lane with a big Albion sticker in the window.

You should be OK.

pacebos

Oct 1, 2013
I made my first ever trip to The Amex a couple of weeks ago, whilst working in the area, for the Sheffield Wednesday game. I'm not an Albion fan but loved the experience and really want to return soon. I also found the parking to be a problem but that comes with new stadiums sometimes. I parked not far from the ground (past the train station) and it cost £15. It's a tad expensive but it suited me.

Enjoy the game :)

Moonie

Jan 10, 2004
I don't think you can use the Uni unless you have a season ticket for it. You can pay on the gate at the Bridge so I think that's your only option.

I thought you had to prebook for bridge?
Or can you just pay on arrival?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think you can pay online almost up to the match itself, if there is availability. I'm assuming you present proof of purchase on your phone at arrival.

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 08.10.17.png

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You can book the Uni match by match now and would be my preferred option every time as you should get away much quicker, particularly if you hot-foot it as soon as the game ends..

I never rush back to the uni and, once in the car, I'm usually on the A27 in about 5-10 minutes.

Horror stories abound of people taking 90 minutes to get out of the bridge.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I never rush back to the uni and, once in the car, I'm usually on the A27 in about 5-10 minutes.

Horror stories abound of people taking 90 minutes to get out of the bridge.

Shhhh, don't tell everyone! They'll all want to switch to the Uni. We had a season ticket at the bridge last year but switched to the Uni this season - so much easier and no need to sprint back after the game! We leave when we want and are back in Worthing 30 mins later!

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I thought you had to prebook for bridge?
Or can you just pay on arrival?

Although I use the Uni car park, ( so much easier to get out of too), last year I used the Bridge and I often saw money changing hands at the gate so I assumed you could also pay when you arrived.

As an aside if you think getting out of the Bridge car park is difficult now, whats it going to be like when you have to firstly negotiate the multi storey car park there going to build in its place.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No shouts for P&R, what is this like to use?
I did use the Bridge car park a couple of times last season, but as posted already it takes for ever to get out, and at £15 it is far too expensive.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I used the Bridge vs Sheff Wed a few weeks back when i took my parents. My mum is not the best on foot and getting from WSU back to the car park took an age, by the time we got there it was already chaos. But it only took 20 minutes to get out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here