Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Top of the league by a country mile having beaten the second in the table QPR.....how on earth were we the only side to beat them in the league this year?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They had 10 men.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
All I can say is... Sam Vokes!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think you will find its Ings

We were better than them and even with 11 men they didn't look that good

This. We comprehensively outplayed them. We were 1 up when the keeper SHOULD have gone off because Ulloa was about to put us 2 up. The ref merely made up for it with the second yellow. Ings will go in January and they'll drop like a stone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This. We comprehensively outplayed them. We were 1 up when the keeper SHOULD have gone off because Ulloa was about to put us 2 up. The ref merely made up for it with the second yellow. Ings will go in January and they'll drop like a stone.

Buckley.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Yeovil are probably thinking the same thing having beaten Forest today. Looking at the stats would suggest they were under siege for most of the game. So much to play for with little seeming to separate top and bottom sides and with 5 out of 9 of today's Championship matches ending in draws, we can make up good ground by doing a job on Watford on Monday. Zaha on loan from Man U anybody?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't remember them having a meaningful shot against us. Even when they had 11 men. The Championship isn't high on quality this season and was much better last year. It's just a shame we've gone massively backwards or we could have easily won the league this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Burnley are reminding me of when we won the League 1 championship under Taylor. Lots of teams with better players but the workmanlike underdogs triumphed. I'm actually quite shocked at how well they are doing, just like those teams in League One must have thought about us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Burnley have massively improved since then due to having an experienced English manager and a quality strike force whilst we have regressed since then due to having an inexperienced foreign coach and a failure to sign a striker or 2

Given our lack of injuries to key players I am disgusted we are not above them. Oscar and Bloom out

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'll take your word for it. I missed it live as I was taking my 6 year old for a wee :facepalm: and have only seen it once on the highlights. It's nonetheless relevant to this discussion because we should have either been 2 goals or 1 goal and one man up before half time. Burnley are the second worst team I've seen this season after Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here