Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three mobile coverage

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Looking to sign up for a Three PAYG account (all you can eat data) but was hoping I could get a feel for what their coverage is like.

Is anyone able to give some ideas on the sort of coverage that Three has in the South-east corner of the country. I'm mainly interested in the area from Folkestone to Brighton (I work if Folkestone and go to the footy in Brighton so therefore travel in the area between the two).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've never had a problem between Brighton and Hastings if that helps.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have been with 3 for about two years and have had no problems. I get a good signal at The Amex too. Can only speak for myself though. I believe others on here have had problems getting signals with the network. Overall, I am more than satisfied with the service received.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Be interesting what it would be like at home if I switch, I'm currently with 02 and to get a signal at home I either have to go upstairs or out into the garden.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was with o2 paying £15 a month on a payg for 100 mins 500mb and unlimited texts. Bought a Samsung S3 in February and added a bolt-on for an extra 1gb for £10 a month. As a heavy data user this limit of 50mb a day wasn't enough on a smartphone and I was switching off many of the features.
In August I found a sim-only deal on three for £18 a month for all you can eat data and more than enough minutes and texts...problem solved. The phone can now be used as intended without worrying about going over the limit.

Coverage where I am living is inconsistent in Southwick...past two days I couldn't get a signal in my lounge and a poor one in the kitchen. Today it's better.....

albionite

May 20, 2009
Find Three's coverage better than Vodaphones. Can't really help Brighton to Folkstone but coverage between Portsmouth, Brighton, London and all areas in between are very good. Even get internet connection at Amex which never happened with vodaphone.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It's as good, if not better than O2, who I'm only with now as I got a corporate deal with work.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Be interesting what it would be like at home if I switch, I'm currently with 02 and to get a signal at home I either have to go upstairs or out into the garden.
I switched from O2 to Three about 2 months ago for that very reason.
I travel all over the South East and haven't had any problems so far. I even get a 3G signal at the AMEX

Far cheaper than O2 too

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Thanks everyone, looks like I might well make the switch. Currently using an iPhone 4 (which I won at work) but looking to buy the new Nexus (5?) phone when it is released. The Three deal is something like £12.90 a month for 'all you can eat data', 200 mins of calls and 5000 texts. I could pay £18 a month for the same deal but would also include the ability to tether.

Last edited:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Thanks everyone, looks like I might well make the switch. Currently using an iPhone 4 (which I won at work) but looking to buy the new Nexus (5?) phone when it is released. The Three deal is something like £12.90 a month for 'all you can eat data', 200 mins of calls and 5000 texts. I could pay £18 a month for the same deal but would also include the ability to tether.

I have the same contract. The only place where I have really limited connectivity is in Sovereign Harbour in Eastbourne, not that really matters much to you.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
To be able to transfer my number I'm told I need a PAC from O2, how long does it take to receive this from requesting it?

Should be within 24 hours....once you supply the Pac code to new provider that will be a further 48 hours....from memory...

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
To be able to transfer my number I'm told I need a PAC from O2, how long does it take to receive this from requesting it?

Just phone them up and they should give it to you over the phone. Once you give the PAC to your new provider it can take a day or two to swap your number over.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Been on 3 for a year - no complaints - Found 3g signal at Amex good too

£6.90 a month - 500Mb / 500text /200 mins - more than what I need (my own phone)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Looking to sign up for a Three PAYG account (all you can eat data) but was hoping I could get a feel for what their coverage is like.

Is anyone able to give some ideas on the sort of coverage that Three has in the South-east corner of the country. I'm mainly interested in the area from Folkestone to Brighton (I work if Folkestone and go to the footy in Brighton so therefore travel in the area between the two).

Signal is good , but drops occasionally..

On the other hand customer service is crap,,,, you will NEVER speak to a UK based person

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...one-contract&highlight=ever+tried+to+cancel+a

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Signal is good , but drops occasionally..

On the other hand customer service is crap,,,, you will NEVER speak to a UK based person

Don't they have phone shops in Swindon?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I use to have vodafone but changed to 3 about 6 years ago. Never had a problem. Much better than vodafone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here