Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you got KITCAT WRAPPERS all down your road?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ok so it's a sub HB&B thread title but the problem is a very real one. Yesterday the council said they would empty the bins and recycling down our road and didn't. Then they said they'd do it today. At the time of writing they have done the recycling and not the bins. Tomorrow is Sunday and then we apparently have an apocalyptic hurricane arriving on Monday (at least if the bins are full they won't take off I suppose).

It's not exactly a unique event this year. The new routes and shifts clearly aren't working. Who's to blame? Crews or council? My money's firmly on the council.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A Dustcart and it's binmen can only be in one place at a time and there is a limit to how many bins they can empty in a day.

I suspect that whoever got the contract did a little bit of bullshitting as to how the would be more efficient.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
That's what happens when you elect amateurs.
Our recycling has not been emptied for 3 weeks. We're very green.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I just sweep up outside where I live and not bitch and moan

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I just sweep up outside where I live and not bitch and moan

Thing is, if everyone did this there would be no punishment for people without work and street cleaners would be out of a job ................. I guess this makes me part of the problem
or big society, or an irritating fussy pot?????????????

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
........... I lost a job after putting a dustpan and brush under the nose of someone who flicked a fag but in a gutter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here