Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Anyone else feel like you have try really hard to like him?

Most of his interviews seem to just say all the football cliche's, and dare i say, insult our intelligence a little.

It's also his first major job in foorball, and i can't get out of my mind how much of a spice boy he was round town years back.

The new manager not wanting to make any connection with the fans also tastes a little bitter.

When the marketing lot speak more to us than the manager then there is a definate problem that needs addressing.

sigh.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's a bit strange thar OG seems to use Jones as his front man doing the majority of the media stuff

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It feels like I have to try hard to like the Albion generally of late, and I don't mean in an old football/new football kind of way.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Perhaps its because he's Welsh and had a face like a constipated shrew?

I imagine it's his fluent Spanish and his famously sharp mind that merits his role though.

Oh, and he is knobbing Helen Chamberlain by all accounts...at least, he was..

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Most of his interviews seem to just say all the football cliche's, and dare i say, insult our intelligence a little.

It's also his first major job in foorball, and i can't get out of my mind how much of a spice boy he was round town years back.

The new manager not wanting to make any connection with the fans also tastes a little bitter.

When the marketing lot speak more to us than the manager then there is a definate problem that needs addressing.

sigh.

I find myself scowling irrationally whenever I see him being interviewed. I don't like the fact that he doesn't speak in platitudes about his previous time with us and that he appears to consider himself a cut above.

I guess each manager's relationship with his assistant differs but I prefer the ones that do the work with players on the training ground and stay subservient to the leaders. Not the gobby mouthpiece's whose self inflated egos belie their otherwise diminutive stature.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
It feels like I have to try hard to like the Albion generally of late, and I don't mean in an old football/new football kind of way.

I have to agree. The club's PR record over the last few years hasn't exactly been inspired and things haven't improved his season. Never mind, we're only customers and no longer supporters!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agree. Also wonder about the realationship with OG and I wonder if Oscar chose him or he was given to him.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Weak leaders appoint people that are no threat to themselves, great leaders appoint people that can become even better than themselves

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Agree. Also wonder about the realationship with OG and I wonder if Oscar chose him or he was given to him.

Completely THIS.

When he joined from MTV I was sure that his fitness coach (that's working well isn't it?) and assistant coach came with him. Then all of a sudden up pops Jones as assistant Head Coach. All very odd.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Weak leaders appoint people that are no threat to themselves, great leaders appoint people that can become even better than themselves

that's about right

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

sigh.

Another negative thread flushing out the negative posters.

sigh

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

sigh.

I sort of agree with you but it's not his first major job in football is it !

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...nor me. There seems to be a distance between the club and the fans now, that certainly wasn't there before. Both OG and Nathan seem to lack charisma and the club as a whole feels a lot more of a 'corporate' entity since Mr Barber joined. It feels like we've lost a bit of our soul. The events of the summer didn't help, but something has certainly been lost with the departure of Gus, Tanno and Oatway and, in terms of the boardroom, Dick Knight and Martin Perry. It's just a bit hard to feel the love right now.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

sigh.

Isn't this what marketing is, though?

Personally I'm not worried how coaches/assistants/whoever, come across in interviews; I'm comfortable in myself not to need my precious ego massaged by them telling me how marvelous I am as a fan. Bit like people who get all righteously indignant because a player didn't wave at them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here