Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Radio 2 in the morning

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I've recently converted from 5 Live to Radio 2 for my morning commute, and am really enjoying Chris Evans, but what on earth is Patrick Kielty doing on air. He runs the risk of sending drivers to sleep with his slow,humourless dialogue.

whats you morning radio station?

I've recently converted from 5 Live to Radio 2 for my morning commute, and am really enjoying Chris Evans, but what on earth is Patrick Kielty doing on air. He runs the risk of sending drivers to sleep with his slow,humourless dialogue.

Evans rules! He is on his hols hence Kielty for a week. A couple of weeks ago Evans played "Spirit of Radio" by Rush immediately followed by "Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC straight after the 0900 news - stitch that Heart!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Radio 2, flick over to Radio Sussex for Sport News just before 9, back to Radio 2, popmaster with Ken Bruce is a must.
Always turn off at mid day when Vine comes on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Been listening to radio 2 for years. You sound like a JCL in more ways than one :jester:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Love Chris....Patrick this week has made me appreciate Evans even more. He's dire. I preferred Zoe Ball filling in for him. Where has Moira gone? Tina has been doing the news for a few weeks at least now. Not the same.
I find Bruce boring. But love a good Vine debate.

I drove to Manchester earlier this year and listened to Chris, Ken, Jeremy, Steve and Simon back to back all the way up. :mad:

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Miles better than the formulaic Chris Evans Who wants to hear kiss in the morning and a young, apparently, cute, scabby, northern kid singing kiss/kiss every Tuesday at 8.05 every Tuesday in his cheap un-insulated bathroom every other morning.
Plus the ever present Dean Martin/Sammy Davis Jnr songs around the same time (Tues/Fri) during every week. Plus his latest pursuits ie sailing/fitness which probably last the length of his shows, plus..................
He really is obnoxious.
I'd turn over to Tok Spot if it wasn't for the 30 minute repetition and the constant adverts aimed at white man van and the cheapo home improvement centres.
Selco, trade centres and erectile misfunction anyone? I'd willingly pay more and avoid them all like the plague.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I always listen to Popmaster, i got 39 on monday, i switch Jeremy Vine off as well

39, impressed :thumbsup:
Trouble with the Vine show is they have a debate on things that we are not all interested in, sometimes something really obscure, I like some music if I am working and a quiz!:)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
39, impressed :thumbsup:
Trouble with the Vine show is they have a debate on things that we are not all interested in, sometimes something really obscure, I like some music if I am working and a quiz!:)

Jeremy Vine strikes me as a bit thick sometimes, he seems very hard of understanding

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Varies - start with R4, move to local radio, back to R4, try R5, then maybe R2 or R3 depending what they are playing. Occasionally RTE on long wave for some foreign exoticness

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I listen to James O'Brien on LBC. Really good intelligent debate. And Mystery Hour on Thursday is great.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Radio 2, flick over to Radio Sussex for Sport News just before 9, back to Radio 2, popmaster with Ken Bruce is a must.
Always turn off at mid day when Vine comes on.

I like Vine - I switch off when that buffoon Steve Wright ( who seems to think he's actually funny ) comes one. Evans rocks though. I didn't like Simon Mayo when he first took over the drive time slot but he's grown on me over time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here