• It is great fun for the kids

Votes: 38 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I f*cking hate Halloween. A shit American import that teaches kids get your own way or do something bad. Any fans ? 1377280_601589069901378_991439032_n.jpg

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I have gone for great fun for kids. But I mean younger kids who just want to put a few sweets in a pumpkin bucket. It's fun for them. It's the lord kids/ teenagers who want money or to egg your house.

Under 10ish I'm all for it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why do we need some kids spoiling Eastenders on a Thursday night ? Utter POO !

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Why do we need some kids spoiling Eastenders on a Thursday night ? Utter POO !

Luckily I'm in a quietish area and most of the local kids are very young. They are all with parents and it's known in the area that you only knock on the doors with a pumpkin or other Halloween items on display.

It works well. Maybe if in all areas kids only knocked on these Halloween friendly homes then it wouldn't be so annoying for the Halloween haters (of which I was one until I had kids)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I really like All Hallows Eve, but the American trick or treat rubbish isn't part it for me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh joy, another "let's link something to America and call it crap because everything in America is crap" thread. Put some bloody effort in would you?

Spielberg is American and not crap.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Infact I love the American culture and what they have added to my life with films and music but this ritual is shite.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I f*cking hate Halloween. A shit American import that teaches kids get your own way or do something bad. Any fans ?View attachment 47998

I'm with you Uncle, load of tosh. Shelves full of gooey eyeballs and rubbish costumes etc only confirms to me that this is not a celebration or a real event rather a well puffed marketing opportunity for the supermarkets. Too many kids are hyper already thanks to mainlining Haribo's. Put anti-Vandal paint on front gates and disconnect your doorbells.

Last edited:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
it's based on a massive date in the satanists calendar - in the satanic world it is a night for blood, sex, and sacrifice rituals..

....to dress ones kids up as demons, vampires, and ghouls is an action of an ignorant idiot. "oh but it is fun, my kid likes it" just doesn't really provide an adequate answer.

research the date, then choose what to do.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only time I liked Halloween was in ET when ET thought someone wearing a Star Wars costume was from his planet. I quite liked that, apart from that it is an ABOMINATION.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm with you Uncle, load of tosh. Shelves full of gooey eyeballs and rubbish costumes etc only confirms to me that this is not a celebration or a real event rather a well puffed marketing opportunity for the supermarkets. Too many kids are hyper already thanks to mainlining Haribo's. Put anti-Vandal on front gates and disconnect your doorbells.

Is this the first time we have agreed on something ! LOL !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My kids are 7 and 4 and I think Hallowe'en is great. But it's not just Hallowe'en, it's Hallowe'en merging into Guy Fawkes Night with fireworks on 4 consecutive weekends with half-term thrown in.

It breaks up what would otherwise be a dull 4 months from summer to Christmas. More people should get into it rather than moaning about it, it's actually older than the USA anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here