Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee Meltdown - Played punched, some red cards and chaos.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Get that ref in the prem! Preferably for a Chelsea or man u game.

Great video, I really do have sympathy for refs who crack under the abuse and have a swing.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not convinced the ref actually intends to deck the player. And love the guy at the end that just boots the ball at the ref at kick off :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm still trying to work out how many players were actually sent off. One seems to be already off the pitch?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Not convinced the ref actually intends to deck the player. And love the guy at the end that just boots the ball at the ref at kick off :lolol:

That was definitely my favourite. I love the way he protests his innocence as well. I can imagine him saying that he saw the players closing in so was putting it out to avoid a attack 'If in doubt put it out ref'

However, am I the only one that feels there could be something else behind this and that maybe a powerful person had some money on the result going a certain way?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
That certainly kicked off!! The ref wasn't going to get pushed around was he?!?!

Any news on whether any action was taken against the ref by the authorities?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wish we were, would shut up some of the cocky parents who want to take me on.

That takes me back over 10 years to when I used to take my turn as a linesman for my lad's football. No one really wanted to do it and only a few of us really understood the laws of the game when it came to offside. I never fancied being a ref. Too much grief.

I still remember a game when an an opposition father stood behind me and shouted

"come on Lino, why didn't you flag that one offside then?"

Our assistant manager "Because your other player hasn't released the ball?"

Thick Dad: "Oh does that make a difference then?"

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
That takes me back over 10 years to when I used to take my turn as a linesman for my lad's football. No one really wanted to do it and only a few of us really understood the laws of the game when it came to offside. I never fancied being a ref. Too much grief.

I still remember a game when an an opposition father stood behind me and shouted

"come on Lino, why didn't you flag that one offside then?"

Our assistant manager "Because your other player hasn't released the ball?"

Thick Dad: "Oh does that make a difference then?"

I always explain to the links about it, even if they understand it. The thing that gets me is when I follow the linesman's call, and it is quite obviously offside yet they still criticise the decision!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
That was some penalty. Sign him up!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here