Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is our strongest team?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A very, very strong Championship side. Sadly it feels like we won't see it for AAAAGES if EVER.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Something like this maybe.

Kuszczak

Calderon~Upson~Greer~Ward

Dave~Bridcutt~Andrews

Buckley~Ulloa~Orlandi​

When they are all fit and on top form.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Kuszczak

Bruno~Upson~Greer~Ward

~Bridcutt~Andrews

Buckley~Orlandi~Lua Lua

Ulloa

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Kuszczak

Dave~Bridcutt~Andrews

Buckley~Ulloa~Orlandi​

When fit and in top form (which is never) Bruno is roughly 4 times the player Calderon is.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Kuszczak

Dave~Bridcutt~Andrews

Buckley~Ulloa~Orlandi​

?Dave ??? Arguably the worst player in the team this year, keep waiting for him to start playing but just not happening.

Kuszczak
Bruno, Greer, Upson, Ward
Bridcutt
Buckley, Crofts, Orlandi, KLL
Ulloa

SUBS
Casper, AEA, CMS, Barnes, Calderon, Andrews, Lopez/Ince

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I prefer Calderon.

You can prefer him all you want but Bruno IS a miles better player. Just never fit and in form for any period of time. The first 2 months or so of Bruno's time here he was on a different planet to Calderon (and the rest of our squad bar Vicente).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You can prefer him all you want but Bruno IS a miles better player. Just never fit and in form for any period of time. The first 2 months or so of Bruno's time here he was on a different planet to Calderon (and the rest of our squad bar Vicente).
Good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Cool. Glad we've agreed that you're factually incorrect.:thumbsup: Also if it's fit and in form, Dave HAS to be in (I know you've put him in, I'm answering others).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cool. Glad we've agreed that you're factually incorrect.:thumbsup: Also if it's fit and in form, Dave HAS to be in (I know you've put him in, I'm answering others).

Disagree. How many times has he been in form? With the exception of the free-kick, where has he been in 'must win' games? Would take Crofts over him every time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Disagree. How many times has he been in form? With the exception of the free-kick, where has he been in 'must win' games? Would take Crofts over him every time.

In terms of technical ability (barring Bruno and at times Ulloa) he is comfortably our best player. A lot of people seem to have forgotten how many games he completely ran last season. The question is based on "fit and in form", or as far as I understand it. The fact he was poor in some important games is irrelevant to the question.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In terms of technical ability (barring Bruno and at times Ulloa) he is comfortably our best player. A lot of people seem to have forgotten how many games he completely ran last season. The question is based on "fit and in form", or as far as I understand it. The fact he was poor in some important games is irrelevant to the question.

Sorry just don't think he's that good. I don't recall many games he ran, Palace aside scored a great goal at Birmingham and versus Burnley, takes a good penalty. Just not my type of player.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Inigo Claderon over Bruno any day - a view shared by my intelligent football reading BHA bro Will. He (not Will) is the heart of BHA. Might not be MoM every game but never to be left out. We love him and his attitude.
Sadly Bruno is a liability.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Team does not seem to gel for a best team. We still do not have real spine to the side, most missing is the above average central midfielder that is crucial for a classic 4-3-3.

Controversial: as I think Bruno is erratic and Calderon hasn't quite got the physical attributes (pity) I would put Andrews at right back.

I think David Lopez will come good. He looks very fit to me but very much right footed and his set pieces have been abysmal.

I might even try out Lualua as a second striker. He needs a bit more nous/guile though.

4-4-2
Kuszczak
Andrews Upson Greer Ward
Bridcutt
Buckley Lopez/Crofts Orlandi
Lualua
Ulloa​

Midfielders will take turns to fill the second striker role during each match.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven

(if 4-5-1)
Kuszczak
Calderon - Greer - Upson - Ward
Bridcutt
Andrews - Orlandi
Buckley - Ulloa - LuaLua

Subs
Ankergren, El-Abd, Bruno, Crofts, David, Conway, Mackail-Smith

If 4-4-2

Kuszczak
Calderon - Greer - Upson - Ward
Buckley - Bridcutt - Orlandi - LuaLua
Mackail-Smith - Ulloa

Subs
Ankergren, El-Abd, Bruno, David, Andrews, Conway, Barnes

Left Lita out of this has he will be gone in January once CMS and Ulloa are back so i based it on the players that will at the moment be here all season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here