Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo calls it quits

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
(surprised it not been mentioned on here)

Adam Virgo calls it quits.

Adam Virgo has officially announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 30.

The former Albion defender has been forced to hang up his boots due to knee damage.

I will never forget that goal... Brighton Vs Swindon - 2nd Leg 20 May 2004

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION WON 4-3 ON PENALTIES (2-2 on aggregate after extra time of second leg)

Thank you Adam Virgo and all the best what ever the future holds

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes Amen to that, good luck for the future Virgs. Think many people had already thought that Adam had pretty much given up the game anyway, bearing in mind he is 30 plus, had long term injury problems and was without a club.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Right thats my edited in assistant manager for FM sorted!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Adam is back on the Roar on Nov 16.

Probably going to do a VoxPop of his likes and faves - Smash Hits-style.

Yeah, that.

Like in SHOOT?

Married: Yes, to Tina
Car: Ford Capri
Favourite meal: Steak and chips
Favourite drink: lager top

etc, etc...

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
(surprised it not been mentioned on here)

Adam Virgo calls it quits.

Adam Virgo has officially announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 30.

The former Albion defender has been forced to hang up his boots due to knee damage.

I will never forget that goal... Brighton Vs Swindon - 2nd Leg 20 May 2004

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION WON 4-3 ON PENALTIES (2-2 on aggregate after extra time of second leg)

Thank you Adam Virgo and all the best what ever the future holds

Good luck Adam , sure to have a bright future ahead .

Happy memories the 2004 Semi final , hadn't noticed before the Swindon Manager puffing on a fag at 8.15

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Like in SHOOT?

Married: Yes, to Tina
Car: Ford Capri
Favourite meal: Steak and chips
Favourite drink: lager top

etc, etc...

Exactly that.

An update of the 1980s pen portraits when the white players' fave music was Barry Manilow and Barbara Streisand, and the black players' fave music was Luther Vandross and Diana Ross.

Hooray for original thinking of the part of the portrait writers.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Remember the Leicester game for various reasons, great goal by Virgo, was offered out by our mob :) until I was recognised by an old school mate, still makes me smile to this day. Cheers Adam for the Swindon goal and all the best for the future. A heart on sleeve player for the Albion who gave his all :clap2:.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Adam , you're a total Albion legend - thanks for the incredible memories and all the best for the future. It would be a pleasure if you could remain within the BHA family in any capacity.
All the very best

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Good luck Adam , sure to have a bright future ahead .

Happy memories the 2004 Semi final , hadn't noticed before the Swindon Manager puffing on a fag at 8.15

Swindon's mouthy manager Andy King was puffing on a cigar*. I remember thinking at the time that cigar was lit to celebrate their imminent trip to the Millenium Stadium. Though as we all know, Adam Virgo had other ideas. One of my favourite memories as a Brighton supporter.

Many thanks Adam :clap2:

*After watching the You Tube video I think he might have had several cigars over the course of that particular match. I'm not a very emotional person but I was almost blubbing watching that re-run. Roy of the Rovers stuff from a local lad.

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Swindon's mouthy manager Andy King was puffing on a cigar. I remember thinking at the time that cigar was lit to celebrate their imminent trip to the Millenium Stadium. Though as we all know, Adam Virgo had other ideas. One of my favourite memories as a Brighton supporter.

Many thanks Adam :clap2:

The Withdean stewards should have been paying better attention that night .

Remember the Leicester game for various reasons, great goal by Virgo, was offered out by our mob :) until I was recognised by an old school mate, still makes me smile to this day. Cheers Adam for the Swindon goal and all the best for the future. A heart on sleeve player for the Albion who gave his all :clap2:.

We both got soaked that night against Swindon mate! Happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here