Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian FA Cup final

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Went to this over the summer and have just got round to uploading a couple of videos I took.

Brilliant atmosphere from the fans I was sat with (Johor - in red and blue :ffsparr: ). Didn't stop singing from 2 hours before kick-off to the end of the match even though they lost 1 - 0.

The ground officially holds a bit over 90,000. There were a few more than that I am pretty sure...

A pretty dramatic day out to say the least, but really good fun.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
thats mental - whats the average stadium sizes/crowds at a league game?

It depends a lot on the team. Most of the top flight clubs have grounds which hold between 25 and 35 thousand but they don't usually come close to filling them for league matches (bar a couple of the clubs which have very large support). But for the cup games it is completely different. Most clubs will sell out their stadiums for either of the two knock-out competitions.

The national stadium (the one in the videos) is usually close to full for the national team's matches also.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
wow - the malaysian league has come a long way. I went to watch penang panthers verses sabah rhinos in a big game that penang needed to win about 14 years ago and there was only a crowd of 1,500! good fun though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here