Votes: 13 12.4%
  • The Stanley Arms

Votes: 15 14.3%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You know the drill. Vote for your favourite and the top two when voting closes in 24 hours time will go through to the first knockout round.

The Battle of Trafalgar, Guildford Road, Brighton

3380090988_5210086a77_z.jpg

The Constant Service, Islingword Road, Brighton

The-Constant-Service.jpg

The Lord Nelson, Trafalgar Street, Brighton

The_Lord_Nelson,_Brighton_-_geograph.org.uk_-_672130.jpg

The Montpelier Inn, Montpelier Place, Brighton

4236_montpelier.jpg

The Stanley Arms, Wolseley Road, Portslade

6029292432_351eeaeb29_z.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Battle of Trafalgar is the seed in this group, having received seven nominations.

I don't know anything about the Montpelier, and the internet hasn't been much help. I assume it is still open?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking more and more likely that 2 favourites are going to be in the same group..... :lolol:

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Hold on a second - The Stanley, cracking boozer that it is, isn't in Brighton and Hove!!!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Hold on a second - The Stanley, cracking boozer that it is, isn't in Brighton and Hove!!!

I must confess I didn't think to check when it was nominated and by the time I'd found out, it was too late. Got three nominations though, so we'll just have to see if it can get out of the group

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Nelson's not the same since being taken over so it's an easy win for the Traf.

People voting for the Nels may notve been recently.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester

I must confess I didn't think to check when it was nominated and by the time I'd found out, it was too late. Got three nominations though, so we'll just have to see if it can get out of the group

Yes it is in Brighton & Hove. The boundary with West Sussex/Adur runs along the alleyway which is at the western end of Stanley Road and Jubilee Road.
(Edit: Albumen got in ahead of me when typing the guff below)

This is a tough group containing three of my favourites in the Battle of Trafalgar, the Stanley and the Nelson. I'll have to eliminate the Nelson on the grounds that although they have a great range of Harveys it rarely seems to be in as good condition as it should be in the last couple of years, unless things have improved in the last month or so. I'm going to go for the Trafalagar for the fact that it has always been good and pretty much unchanged since I first hit drinking age in the mid 80's plus the garden. The Stanley is great but only seem to make it out there at beer festival time.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Bit of a group of death, this one. But have always liked the Battle of Trafalgar and enjoyed a Sunday roast there and out of loyalty to a former work colleague who now works there, I'm giving the Battle the nod.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Gone for The Nelson as its my favoured drinking place pre home matches. I do like the Harvey's Admiral too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tough group for the Stanley, shame as given it's location out of town, it does remarkably well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here