On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
So glad to hear that things have turned out better for you. I remember you posting about it all those years ago and it's fantastic you're in a better place now.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Thank you for those comments, they mean a lot, as did the support from NSC members at the time. I remember one guy at the Sunderland away fixture that season stopping me (cos I had OTLW on the back of my Brighton shirt) to talk about it - thanks fella, I still remember you. Anyway thank you. The full story is here, and I promise I won't go on about it on NSC again:

http://seagullnic.wordpress.com/201...wake-up-and-strengthen-the-things-that-remain

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
otlw your post was the single most powerful thread I have ever read on NSC by far. You have got your life together, married and met an incredible Woman. You are an inspiration to anyone who was/is in the same place you were. So happy for you.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I wasn't here in 2004 but read the original thread and your chapter. A very moving story.

You are stronger than most to get through that. You deserve a lot of respect.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Good to hear you are ok nick!! I always remember the day we had at Wrexham (freezing me nuts off) and Donnie rovers in Albion shirts on fans united trips. Good luck mate and don't be a stranger :albion2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A brutal assessment of his life by Nic. So strong to overcome this. To me, he is a bloody inspiration to anyone on the same path.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Good to hear you are ok nick!! I always remember the day we had at Wrexham (freezing me nuts off) and Donnie rovers in Albion shirts on fans united trips. Good luck mate and don't be a stranger :albion2:

Amen to that.

That was a GREAT day in the freezing cold, having a cup of coffee thrown over us by those nice Bristol City fans.

Great stuff Nic

:clap2:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thank you for those comments, they mean a lot, as did the support from NSC members at the time. I remember one guy at the Sunderland away fixture that season stopping me (cos I had OTLW on the back of my Brighton shirt) to talk about it - thanks fella, I still remember you. Anyway thank you. The full story is here, and I promise I won't go on about it on NSC again:

http://seagullnic.wordpress.com/201...wake-up-and-strengthen-the-things-that-remain

Wow, that's pretty powerful stuff. Like some others I wasn't around here at the time of your original thread, but reading through it makes you realise the great support that the NSC community can offer.

A few things recently made me realise that what I thought was a tough time is nothing compared to some, and your story is another example of that.

From one journo to another, stay strong, and don't let them get you down.

Good luck with your ongoing battles. :albion2:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
9 years ago ! Can't believe I was the first to respond to your thread. Top work and congrats on everything.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wow, that's pretty powerful stuff. Like some others I wasn't around here at the time of your original thread, but reading through it makes you realise the great support that the NSC community can offer.

A few things recently made me realise that what I thought was a tough time is nothing compared to some, and your story is another example of that.

From one journo to another, stay strong, and don't let them get you down.

Good luck with your ongoing battles. :albion2:

I can only echo those sentiments
keep fighting
best of luck for the future

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi Nic, I wondered what had happened to you! I know after the alcoholism you went through lots of other shit as well (marriage break-up, bankruptcy, etc) so if you are finally coming out the other end it's good to hear.

All the best to my fellow Boundstone Sixth Former!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
NOW THAT I dodnt know...from another Boundstoner :bounce:

Benfield County Primary, Hove County GS for Boys and finally Boundstone Sixth Form!

Thanks once again guys... can't express how much those words and sentiments mean, and yes I am truly am through it all.

Very best wishes
Nic (OTLW)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It feels a bit invasive to post on this thread but after reading your blog I would like to pass on my sentiments to what others have posted.
Well done on facing and indeed dealing with all your demons. Best of luck to you and your new life and family. I hope that you can enjoy life to the full from here on in.

Muzzy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here