Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving back to Sussex

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No doubt this has been done numerous times before, but I cant be arsed to search, and I want fresh opinions. After 8 years in the big smoke, the time is approaching for me to start thinking about moving back to God’s county, probably in Spring / Summer next year. The place has changed a lot since I last lived there, and I suppose the types of things I’ll be looking for in a place are very different as well. So, for someone looking to move to the countryside (ish), with reasonable commuting links to London (i.e. a station within walking distance, or at a push, cycling) and ideally Brighton, with good pubs and good schools (cant believe that has actually joined my list!) where would people recommend? I don’t mind too much whether it’s in East or West Sussex, but I don’t want to be more than an hour from my family in Crowborough. Ideally want to be able to get a 3 bed semi for around £350,000 ish.

Suggestions please, NSC.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who the fck do you think we are? Kirsty and fcking Phil? Lazy fat prick.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lewes meets all your criteria, although you'd be in an estate on the edge of town at that price. Still easily cyclable to the station.

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
She's absolute DYNAMITE.

They did a couple of episodes where Kirsty was away, or something, and her SISTER stood in for her. Same poshness, similar look, but younger and trimmer. If we go on a double date, I bagsy the sister.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Who the fck do you think we are? Kirsty and fcking Phil? Lazy fat prick.

Sorry, this thread is only open for people who want to live in Sussex. Hampshire folk aren't welcome.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, this thread is only open for people who want to live in Sussex. Hampshire folk aren't welcome.

Ha.

But I too, would WANT to live in Sussex. Circumstances just dictate that I DON'T, right now.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Uckfield, Buxted, pretty close to Crowborough, 25-30 mins to Brighton. Fits the countryside criteria, lot more house then Lewes / Brighton

Cheaper train to London. Yearly season ticket £2500 vs £4500 from Lewes/Brighton.

UTC is a decent secondary school if you have kids.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
article-1219480-06BC8B9C000005DC-228_468x435.jpg
Hot as BALLS

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You should do what you WANT to do. Nice guys finish last, remember.

I WANT to move back, but then I also WANT to keep my job, and WANT my kids to stay in their excellent school. Its a QUANDARY, for sure.

(Its not really. My familiy's lives are here, and I wouldn't consider uprooting them. In ten years when the kids are all grown up, we will consider it properly. In the meantime, my parent's house in Withdean provides a great base to enjoy Brighton as often as we like, and we generally stay down for every home Albion match anyway)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uckfield, Buxted, pretty close to Crowborough, 25-30 mins to Brighton. Fits the countryside criteria, lot more house then Lewes / Brighton

Cheaper train to London. Yearly season ticket £2500 vs £4500 from Lewes/Brighton.

UTC is a decent secondary school if you have kids.

Ah, one other thing I should have mentioned- whilst I don't want to be too far from my family in Crowborough, I don't want to be too close either. Close enough to see regularly, far enough away for them to not be able to turn up unannounced!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here