Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changing the clocks weekend

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Its that time of year again...its an extra hour in bed or maybe you will do something extra with that time...the penalty being soon it will be dark 4.30/5 on a cloudy day..i find November the drabbest month of the year and look forward to early january when it starts to stay light longer...how badly does it effect your 'body clock'

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Working nights, so a 12 hour shift becomes 13 hours.

Still, hopefully when the sweaties divorce us, we can stop pissing about with the clocks and just have "English Time"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As I get up at 4:45 every day, it's been dark for many weeks. Will be very dark when I get back from London in the evenings though.

I always find the commute that much harder once the clocks go back. It's depressing both leaving and getting home in the dark.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I always find the commute that much harder once the clocks go back. It's depressing both leaving and getting home in the dark.

I hate the commute at that time. Thankfully I am normally based near home but when I have to go to London for a few weeks over winter it's so depressing that the first bit of sunlight I see is when I exit the tube and the last is as I get back on it in the afternoon. Leaving and getting home in the dark should not be legal

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Sunday evening brings us darkness at 5pm, coupled with 'the worst storm in 3 decades'.

Anyone got any nice plans?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Whenever the clocks changed it proved impossible for half of my Sunday league team to be in the right place at the right time. Then again we were a bunch of talentless drunken idiots.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Still, hopefully when the sweaties divorce us, we can stop pissing about with the clocks and just have "English Time"

the Scottish angle is nonsence, we add an hour in the summer to make our summer evenings longer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I always roll back the year on my clock at hour changing time, half-hoping i'll be sent back magically to Dorothy Stringer to punch Mr Dudson in the mullet and guts and maybe have a tad more confidence with the females and brush my teeth more and study a little harder in the world of science so my occasionally feigned boffinness could have some factual nous beneath it. It never happens though. I remain here with a past of no great note, on the slippery slope to extreme ordinariness. I curse you Cronos, and your ungiving ways.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

One of the many reasons I love living here is it never gets dark before 6.30 pm even in the middle of winter. We are 5 degrees west of Brighton plus one hour ahead so it gets dark roughly 1 hour 40 minutes later than it did in Brighton.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here