Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Cave Last Night

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Did anyone go?
I hadn't seen him live since the early 1980's in the old New Regent (Xtreems) in West Street with The Birthday Party.
This morning I am still shell shocked by the sheer utter brilliance of his performance!

Flex Your Head

Did anyone go?
I hadn't seen him live since the early 1980's in the old New Regent (Xtreems) in West Street with The Birthday Party.
Ha, I was there. Didn't they play two consecutive nights? I just remember being up the front with a mate and Nick Cave suddenly grabbing my mate's hair mid-song and screaming a couple of lines of lyrics straight in to his face. My mate was terrified, I was highly amused, but made sure I stepped back in to the second row promptly!

I remember when the Birthday Party pulled out of a gig with Bauhaus, Vic Godard's Subway Sect and The Fall at Jenkinson's at the last minute. Mark E Smith came on to the stage wearing a huge floppy foam cowboy hat he'd bought on the pier - his impersonation of Tracy Pew.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
First time live for me last night,the man and his band are GODS!!! Never before have i been captivated by a performance like last night,i've met Nick Cave(not in a music way)and he was somewhat shy and reserved but when he goes on stage the man is obviously transformed into a rock God showman.It's the first time ever that at one stage during the performance i noticed all the bouncers turned around watching him rather than the audience,the man is mesmerising whether you like him or not,my only regret is that i haven't seen him live before.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
He is a fantastic performer- one of the few acts whom I have seen play at The Brighton Centre and do so successfully sound and atmosphere wise.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Was blown away...what a showman/performer....one of best gigs ever seen.so much so got tickets at Hammersmith Sunday...cant waite

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Went with the gf (and to Buena Vista the previous night). It was the first time either of us had seen him. It was an amazing gig; he was so up for it and the Bad Seeds were so tight they were criminal. Saw a bit of the support. Not entirely sure what she was all about, although it was interesting to see a horizontal accordion, I suppose.

Stayed down for a couple of nights and availed ourselves of a couple of the restaurant recommendations from NSC too - all in all a great couple of days!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here