Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vatican suspends 'bishop of bling'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who doesn't love a good hypocrisy story:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24638430

He was here to explain to the Pope his $42m palace renovation job. And waiting for that meeting cannot have been comfortable. Would the Pope mention the bishop's $20,000 bathtub? Or the $34,000 conference table?

Calls were made for the bishop to resign after he was accused of lying under oath about his spending.

He was criticised for a first-class flight to India to visit the poor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet the video editor enjoyed himself when he picked that as the still to lead with.

(Edit - Not in a Catholic priest kind of way!!)

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
In his BMW

13824623521961_700.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
on the plus side at least the money corruption story is a welcome break from catholics knobbing children

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
for legal reasons i should say that i meant catholic priests knobbing kids and not catholics in general

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
That building doesn't look big enough to be classed as a "palace" to me. Probably the German equivalent of a listed building so any renovation work will have been over the odds compared to what you and I would have to pay. Also, I'm sure its a sin to pay the plumber cash to avoid VAT, so all-in-all, £26M is probably a perfectly reasonable bill.

He's a bishop - to put in footballing terms that's the 'premier league' of clergy, not quite the star player, play-maker level of Archbishop, but still - so a bit of extravagance is to be expected, indeed encouraged. If Sky insist on pumping money into these religious channels on their platform and the punters are dumb enough to pay, then its to be expected - he is a performer after all, standing up every Sunday for 90 minutes in front of a crowd.

Load of fuss about nothing, stirred up by the media. Complete non-story!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
For some reason this story about the church does not surprise me but what did get my attention was that in 2012 many German people paid a Church tax. €5.2 billion for Catholics and €4.6 billion for Protestants. No wonder this guy is known as the Bishop of bling.:eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here