Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brand v Paxman

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why are you and Pastafarian getting such a kick off a pretty nasty comment directed at me when all I'd mentioned was that I miss Brighton? Well random considering you are a teacher, wouldn't you think? not to mention all the advice you give me on my posting style?

what nasty comment is that?i dont read every thread,my replies to you are based on what you say and what you have said in the past,these comments help to build up a picture on what you stand for and believe in.

and did you just say "well random",not being funny but are you mature enough to debate important issues using the lingo of a 12 year old

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pasta,. I've been away for some time now but since I've been back, you've responded to everyone of my posts with comments like this? When are you going to sort it out?

have i?

have i really?

welcome back chap but you seem to more delusional than ever,:thumbsup:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"well random" is a genuine reply,its something teenagers unfortunately do

as for mahna mahna that is a private joke between me and badfish,go on ask him!

not everything is about you,you should consider growing up a tad before attacking people that dont agree with your agenda

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

not everything is about you,you should consider growing up a tad before attacking people that dont agree with your agenda

That's not the nasty reply Pasta! post 31 of that thread as i've said before.
Nevertheless, glad you and badfish can share the same humour with the made up words you do, very funny indeed!
It's nice how only you two would 'get' the joke too. Hilarious! Where would NSC be without you?

PS When the teenagers say "well random", are you anywhere near them when they say it?

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
and yet he offers no information on how the people will be stronger.he simply says i dont vote i want a revolutionBrand is a moron,he panders to the lowest common jigglypuff he is eloquent but at the same time patronising,he is simply a champagne swampy who has persuaded idiots to listen to his ramblings

I am very pleased to be one of those idiots and am happy to be represented by him. I like him and agree with much of what he says.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Yes it is a private joke but paranoia is a terrible thing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am very pleased to be one of those idiots and am happy to be represented by him. I like him and agree with much of what he says.

Its too simple,every one can agree with what he is saying,much makes sense,and that is why its too simplistic,he points out the blinding obvious,the things we do care about such as the planet and those less better off than us and the divide between rich and poor but he offers no alternatives,not voting should never be an alternative,dont you aussies have to vote?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Its too simple,every one can agree with what he is saying,much makes sense,and that is why its too simplistic,he points out the blinding obvious,the things we do care about such as the planet and those less better off than us and the divide between rich and poor but he offers no alternatives,not voting should never be an alternative,dont you aussies have to vote?

We have to vote in so far as we have to get our names ticked off. Many people just spoil the paper so it becomes void though. For what it is worth I agree that everyone should vote although I think the point he is making is that he doesn't feel adequately represented by his options. This is something I have sympathy with because I think many people settle for the lesser of two evils or make a tactical vote. As for the rest of us being the bleeding obvious. I would be happy for him and others to keep pointing it out until something changes

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think the point he is making is that he doesn't feel adequately represented by his options. This is something I have sympathy with because I think many people settle for the lesser of two evils or make a tactical vote

but thats all of us isnt it? we all feel let let down from all politicians,we all feel we are not being adequately represented.The option brand puts forward though is revolution by non voting and not having a clue what is the best way forward.Things are not perfect in todays world but would you really sacrifice democracy for russel brands i dont know but its a revolution option........i know i wouldnt

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
but thats all of us isnt it? we all feel let let down from all politicians,we all feel we are not being adequately represented.The option brand puts forward though is revolution by non voting and not having a clue what is the best way forward.Things are not perfect in todays world but would you really sacrifice democracy for russel brands i dont know but its a revolution option........i know i wouldnt

It is all of us but the more of us who say it and draw attention to it the better surely. Otherwise it gets lumped in with the tin foil hat chaps and ignored. This way the message is reaching a wider audience.

I wouldn't swap for it because he hasn't put forward an alternative. Personally I will continue to vote for the best fit for my philosophy in the hope that it will help. Until someone offers up a preferable alternative this is all I can do. I am guessing this is what Russell is doing too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen Paxman LOSE before, and so comfortably too.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh In that case then, I bet £10 you screwed up your life and now all you do is make yourself look big by desperately putting others down on the internet. It's a real lack of confidence when you do this but you sir can't stop.

i simply pointed out post no 31 was not as bad as you made out,i dont go out of my way by making people look stupid on the internet,however your frequent posts make that almost impossible if i reply to them .

i claim my £10

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside when Leverson asked Brand to hurry up in the phone hacking enquiry his response to "we're running out of time" was "no we're not, time is infinite"

made me chuckle

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It is all of us but the more of us who say it and draw attention to it the better surely. Otherwise it gets lumped in with the tin foil hat chaps and ignored. This way the message is reaching a wider audience.

I wouldn't swap for it because he hasn't put forward an alternative. Personally I will continue to vote for the best fit for my philosophy in the hope that it will help. Until someone offers up a preferable alternative this is all I can do. I am guessing this is what Russell is doing too.

but thats what we all do anyway

why should brands option of revolution and non voting be even an option? its mental

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's basically saying that the power of the people will soon be stronger than the people in power.

And for those mocking Brand there are plenty of dates in history where the power of the people has toppled the establishment. Plenty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
why should brands option of revolution and non voting be even an option? its mental

Mental? Have you ever studied history? In fact, are you aware of history?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here