Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next time you are thinking of slagging Barber, Bloom, Burke - read this...

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
...as funny as the Palace situation is, lets pause for a minute to praise the professionals who are running Our club. When we get promoted we won't be in the same mess:

"After years toiling in the second tier they boasted no real scouting network to pinpoint upgrades for the players they possessed, leaving manager and co-chairmen poring over videos until the small hours of potential recruits they had never previously heard of. Normally they would have shopped from the free transfer list or bought youthful promise from the lower leagues. Now they were operating in a very different market. Parish described the summer as "ridiculous". "Three years ago we didn't own our football ground, we were bankrupt, we didn't own our training ground, and we had five first-team players on our books," he said. "If we'd had a better infrastructure in place we'd have been able to do more for him and wouldn't have been up watching players until 4am every night." "

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, we're completely sorted for scouting - we've got a bloke watching games in South Wales.

Jimmy Grimble

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Seems a strange one and that list could be trimmed surely to meet FFP.

I'm sure he's not full time sitting twiddling his thumbs in his surgery while slowly getting p1ssed on pink moutwash, waiting for Kemy to get a toothache or for us to sign Louis Suarez.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I'm sure he's not full time sitting twiddling his thumbs in his surgery while slowly getting p1ssed on pink moutwash, waiting for Kemy to get a toothache or for us to sign Louis Suarez.

hmm.gif
But you would think they all would have their own dentist lol

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Isn't there meant to be some sort of a link between bad teeth and back problems? Sure I've heard stories of players not being signed at other clubs because the state of their teeth was an indication of likely future back problems?

Have to Google that one.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't there meant to be some sort of a link between bad teeth and back problems? Sure I've heard stories of players not being signed at other clubs because the state of their teeth was an indication of likely future back problems?

It's linked to heart disease. People with gum disease also have a higher risk of strokes, diabetes and arthritis.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seems a strange one and that list could be trimmed surely to meet FFP.

I'm sure the salaries of most of the staff on that list are insignificant in comparison to that of a 1st team squad player.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I'm sure the salaries of most of the staff on that list are insignificant in comparison to that of a 1st team squad player.

But they did get rid of a few small earners at the beginning of the season didn't they?

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The club dentist isn't a full time member of staff.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yep, we're completely sorted for scouting - we've got a bloke watching games in South Wales.

Our main UK scout was born in Cleethorpes actually and at one time played for Grimsby Town :facepalm: His life experiences are virtually the same as what happened to Warren Aspinall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did not realise the club has its own dentist.

I believe the Spanish are absolutely mentals about 'sort the teeth out, and everything else will follow'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here