Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight back on twitter...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
https://twitter.com/leonknight1982

He seems to be posting a lot in quick succession but this anecdote caught my eye

@leonknight1982 2m
Mark McGhee pulled me one morning with a tape in his hand and said where was u last night 😂I was raving on a Thursday & he had it on CCTV.

@leonknight1982 1m
I tried to lie and say I was at home, him and Bob booker looked at each other and laughed. Threw on the tape.. And there I was I full flow 😂

LAD

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought he had crawled into a ditch somewhere....shame.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
https://twitter.com/leonknight1982

He seems to be posting a lot in quick succession but this anecdote caught my eye

@leonknight1982 2m
Mark McGhee pulled me one morning with a tape in his hand and said where was u last night ��I was raving on a Thursday & he had it on CCTV.

@leonknight1982 1m
I tried to lie and say I was at home, him and Bob booker looked at each other and laughed. Threw on the tape.. And there I was I full flow ��

LAD

He should really think about doing some after dinner speaking.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because THAT'S going to get him a contract somewhere ...... not ! What a complete bellend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I unfollowed him a long time ago. His tiresome gangsta-speak was beyond tedious. He doesn't so much tweet, he completely SPAMS your twitterfeed into oblivion.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
@leonknight1982 29s
Mark McGhee pulled me 3 days before the play off final & said I'm considering leaving u out for the final. That blag fully worked!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I always admired the way MM dealt with Knight, stuff like this only reinforces that view.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Whats not to like?

Attachments

• LEON_KNIGHT_191.jpg
    LEON_KNIGHT_191.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 4,189

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
There's no doubt that he's an absolute cock riddled with personality disorders, but he is still an Albion legend in my books.

That playoff winning season was one of my favourites, for a while it felt as if Leon was filling the Bobby Z shaped hole. Skillful, great finishing, quality penalty taker, and scored a fair few headers for someone who is only 5'2" too. What a waste of talent.

I agree, he was extremely talented. Knight is in the top 4 strikers we ever had at the Withdean (Murray,Forster, Zamora).
Sadly he is an example of how you can ruin your career.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The penalty clearly meant a great deal to him though! Leon Knight he's alright. Mostly wrong though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I always admired the way MM dealt with Knight, stuff like this only reinforces that view.

Yeah me too. One of the most under-rated managers we have ever had. Probably got more out of Leon Knight than any other manager ever has. A crying shame he went on to waste all that talent though. Leon Knight that is ... then again, Mark hasn't fared much better since leaving us either.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Yeah me too. One of the most under-rated managers we have ever had. Probably got more out of Leon Knight than any other manager ever has. A crying shame he went on to waste all that talent though. Leon Knight that is ... then again, Mark hasn't fared much better since leaving us either.

He survived relegation too from the championship. Gordon Strachan has mentioned McGhee in his book as the most intelligent man he's come across in football.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think there would be a strong argument for saying Knight was better under Coppell than McGhee...

Some interesting bits and bobs coming from Knight today though, including what looks like praise for the way McGhee motivated him for play off final.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think there would be a strong argument for saying Knight was better under Coppell than McGhee...

Some interesting bits and bobs coming from Knight today though, including what looks like praise for the way McGhee motivated him for play off final.

Steve Coppell and Mark McGhee were very similar in many ways. Both great thinkers and motivators, both at their best away from the limelight and with their players on the training ground. Steve Coppell left us for Reading of course, and although still comparatively young seems to prefer taking a back seat at Crawley, whereas Mark McGhee's career has faded somewhat too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Except how many games did Coppell manage Knight? Knight also had a blinding start for Swansea and I think he did Ok at a couple of other clubs over a short period. McGhee was lumbered with him and his increasingly weird Gangsta attitude for bloody ages. We had quite few Gangsta's during McGhee's tenure, cannot have been easy for him ( McGhee that is!)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was just working in Belfast and the local footy fans said he still posts on the local forums on the clubs he played for, sounded like he creates a similar response.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He declares that he's "Never really trained properly in my life,because I don't like running, or positional work", that he "hates managers who try to tell me how to play", and thinks its funny that he "has had NINE contracts paid up".

What a fcking CHUMP.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

2003/04

Under Coppell
P14 W9 D3 L2
Goals: 8 (0.57 goals per game)

Under Wood(?)
P5 W4 D0 L1
Goals: 3 (0.6 gpg)

Under McGhee
P34 W17 D7 L10
Goals: 16 (0.47 gpg)
Under McGhee

Paying the bills