Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] I miss Brighton

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Moved away about 8 months ago. Miss it terribly. I was a resident there for 16 years. Reading the pub thread has made me miss the place. Sigh.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
You're not alone mate. Miss the bubble every day of my life.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're not alone mate. Miss the bubble every day of my life.

Truthspeak. Where I live now, it's nice enough but no pub I particularly like, not many likeminded folks around. It's no Brighton.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
reading the pub thread made me feel exactly the same!!

Always does when I read about pubs in Brighton. Brighton really is a unique place, it spoils one for the rest of the UK doesn't it.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Always does when I read about pubs in Brighton. Brighton really is a unique place, it spoils one for the rest of the UK doesn't it.

yeah. there will be something decent going on every night of the week in Brighton. I'm sure there is if i look hard enough where i live currently but Brighton has that spark and vibe about it which not many places has.

saying that sometimes when i go back I feel it's turning for the worse so depends what you're discussing - pubs i miss!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Was staying over for a course last week, went up to the Welly for the football and it made me realise that, whilst I am happy, I do miss Brighton terribly.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I moved away after divorce and giving the ex the house. Moved to Essex...met the love of my life...life goes on. But still. Brighton is the place where I want my bones to lie at the end.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yeah, suppose it makes a difference if you move and meet someone or move with someone.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I sat in the King and Queen earlier with some Basques, watching Real Madrid and Real Sociedad win and lose, respetively. One of them went to Spanish day and was "deeply offended" by the Spanish Dave shirts, and nickname. One of the girls was especially militant and angry and insisted he should have blanked it.

When I said our fave Spanish Dave song is;
Posh Spice is a slapper, her fanny's like a cave,
And when she's shagging Beckham, she thinks of Spanish Dave.. ;
She was not impressed. In fact, it may have ended our conversation.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I've been gone since 1985 and still miss Brighton a lot. I visit as much as I can, maybe get to around 6 games a season and pop in to see family. I still love the pier, the Lanes and the Downs. Where I live now is ok but it's not Brighton.

D

Deleted User X18H

IMHO Brighton aint what it used to be.

Nowadays it's just a place to live.

I long for Hove to be honest. Even though it's only 200 yards up the road.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Used to live in Montpelier street when I was younger used to love the pubs & clubs then but am now very happy living at the posh end of Shoreham sipping back the ales in The Red Lion & suters Yard

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
IMHO Brighton aint what it used to be.

Nowadays it's just a place to live.

I long for Hove to be honest. Even though it's only 200 yards up the road.

Move to Essex then. You'll soon feel differently you moaning get.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I miss living in Hanover. Constant Service (even when it was shit), The Greys, pub on every corner, jumpers for goal posts...oh getting carried away now!

Its all about the pubs, Hanover is a dump. I was born in Brighton lived there until 1998 and loved going for a few pints in Hanover, went to the area a couple of years back and it was a mess.

D

Deleted User X18H

Move to Essex then. You'll soon feel differently you moaning get.

Leigh eh? Have stayed various nights in Brentwood , South Woodam Ferris and Chaffed Hundred.

Thorpe Bay very nice.

Not for me though thanks.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Leigh eh? Have stayed various nights in Brentwood , South Woodam Ferris and Chaffed Hundred.

Thorpe Bay very nice.

Not for me though thanks.

Have lived or worked in all of the above. Not for me either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here