Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yahoo! email - Is it just me or is it poo?

I am stuck with using it for work and they seem to recently have changed the way it operates. Messages now seem to automatically concoct themselves into "conversations" with other messages whether I want them to or not, and it appears hit and miss as to what address is used when trying to reply. Currently trying to replay to a message in one of these conversations and Yahoo! seems to automatically want to send the message back to me. Help!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
hate it for the same reasons. it doesn't even put the "conversations" in a logical order (recent first) and I can't seem to reply easily.

I do it on my phone instead now.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I am stuck with using it for work and they seem to recently have changed the way it operates. Messages now seem to automatically concoct themselves into "conversations" with other messages whether I want them to or not, and it appears hit and miss as to what address is used when trying to reply. Currently trying to replay to a message in one of these conversations and Yahoo! seems to automatically want to send the message back to me. Help!

Your lucky I can't even log on to it at the moment and it doesn't recognize any of my details.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I was having dreadful grief with it recently - which certainly also seemed to coincide with the god-awful update. I Googled 'can't open my yahoo emails' & found some link that enabled me to revert to the old system. And guess what? It's been working fine ever since.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have yet to experience this new interface, my missus abandoned it after a couple of attempts and setup a gmail account. been using yahoo for 13 odd years, so it must be pretty awful.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
BT have taken their bit away from Yahoo. As BT email it still works the same but you have to keep logging in with email and password, not happy!

I was having dreadful grief with it recently - which certainly also seemed to coincide with the god-awful update. I Googled 'can't open my yahoo emails' & found some link that enabled me to revert to the old system. And guess what? It's been working fine ever since.

Somewhat gratified that it isn't just me. Can't find the link you mentioned, any chance of posting it so that we can all share??

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Somewhat gratified that it isn't just me. Can't find the link you mentioned, any chance of posting it so that we can all share??

How to switch back to mail classic
Under yourname(near sign out) at the top of your Yahoo! Mail page, there's a Mail Classic link. Click Mail Classic to go back to the Yahoo! Mail version you're already familiar with.
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr74/...

If it doesn't work, Click the direct link to return back to classic mail and click "yes" button.
http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/optout?s...

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
didn't work for me, but in settings I saw you can turn conversations off.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BT have taken their bit away from Yahoo. As BT email it still works the same but you have to keep logging in with email and password, not happy!

That's a glitch which will be fixed... in a few weeks.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I am having the exact same problem, this new 'format' is driving me insane. Curiously though it only seems to have adopted this new format when running Firefox. Revert to Explorer and it still runs in the old format.

Weird!

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Sky moved their email service to Yahoo! earlier this year and it created all sorts of problems. I use Outlook on my PC but the Mail application on my iPhone/iPad now has several duplicate folders i.e. Draft, Sent, Trash etc.. They contain the emails dependent on what I send on my PC versus the other devices. Also if I access email using Outlook (PC) it moves everthing in my Inbox to Trash on the iPhone/iPad. Any 'experts' out there able to offer a solution? Always worked fine on the old Sky mail service.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here