Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor - Reference to keyboard warriors

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pretty much all the critcism of Conway's performances up until Saturday, have been justified, I think. I'd be amazed if the player himself didn't agree.

To balance that though, most people's appraisal of his shift at Yeovil was fair, even those (like myself) who had him down as a waste of space.

Naylor is correct that the fans don't give much consideration to the off-field stuff, and nor should they. They are here to perform on the pitch. If personal circumstances dictate that they can't perform, why sign them?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Having a sly dig at Bozza and North Stand Chat because there are some journalists who write for the "nationals" posting on here ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pretty much all the critcism of Conway's performances up until Saturday, have been justified, I think. I'd be amazed if the player himself didn't agree.

To balance that though, most people's appraisal of his shift at Yeovil was fair, even those (like myself) who had him down as a waste of space.

Naylor is correct that the fans don't give much consideration to the off-field stuff, and nor should they. They are here to perform on the pitch. If personal circumstances dictate that they can't perform, why sign them?

This. Except the middle line as I wasn't as Yeovil.

I wonder how this came through David Burke's SWAT analysis? "Hmm, we need a striker. However here is a winger with a private business and a pregnant wife who we'll have to move to the other side of the UK. Perfect."

I'm starting to suspect the SW in SWAT stands for South Wales.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Dobbie also had to uproot and live in a hotel for a while (correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't his other half pregnant too?) and once that was all sorted, he turned out to be a rip-roaring success story.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
"Extremists" is the wrong word to use for people expressing their opinion on a poor performance. That's the gap in understanding between someone who pays to watch a 0-0 at Yeovil and someone who gets paid to go there.

Actually, having read the whole thing back it just drips with Naylor being pissy. Perhaps because he got a hard time himself over his Dexter Blackstock exclusive and baffling tweet about Yossi Benayoun.

That's why I like the national newspaper journalist who posts on here. Not afraid to mix it with the fans, doesn't take it elsewhere and normally right.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I disagree somewhat.

His performance up until Yeovil were

a 0-0 v qpr - people need to take into account that it was his first game with us, a couple of days after joining (and there was a Sunday game so training would have been limited) and despite that his performance was good enough to help the team to be the first (and so far only) team to take a point off qpr, which was achieved by a largely defensive performance by the whole team. Maybe he didn't excel, but neither did he screw us up.
A loss to Ipswich - where the entire team was awful, to single him out is unfair
3-1 win against Bolton - a late sub appearance when the game as already won and was petering out as we sat back
3-1 loss to forest - another late sub appearance when the game was already over

I'm sure there are a lot of people who are aware of that context and were willing to give him a chance, but there were far more many people, on here in particular, completely writing him off without taking the above in context. Even ignoring his off-field issues, it is, as I have said in reference to ninja elephant's writing off of Conway, withdeanwanderer-esqueme of the comments about him.

Yeah, he would probably agree his performance haven't been great, but in context they have not been enough to write him off as so many did.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we sign someone on loan then they should be fit and ready to play and not have a load of baggage with them, makes you wonder why we went for him if it was going to take half of his loan spell to get him right

Try before you buy ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Naylor - "The worries can be multiplied if you happen to be in a job which takes you, all of a sudden, from one country to another."

With a move from Wales to England, it was never likely that he'd have been turned away at the border crossing checkpoint.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Naylor - "The worries can be multiplied if you happen to be in a job which takes you, all of a sudden, from one country to another."

With a move from Wales to England, it was never likely that he'd have been turned away at the border crossing checkpoint.

no this is not likely
but Wales really is another planet

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I got the impression that Bozza was just attempting to impose the What Does Spanish Dave Do (WDSDD) effect on Conway.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Not the first time sure it wont be the last time who gives a sht what that Argus thinks.

Stopped getting the paper when they were first to name the four players in the then alleged sex assault.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Extremists" is the wrong word to use for people expressing their opinion on a poor performance. That's the gap in understanding between someone who pays to watch a 0-0 at Yeovil and someone who gets paid to go there.

Good point.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I got the impression that Bozza was just attempting to impose the What Does Spanish Dave Do (WDSDD) effect on Conway.

That's what I thought too but it specifically mentioned his business interests and so does Naylor. If he posted on here it would be "whoosh" time. There has been plenty of real stick for Conway on here - much of it of the 'why did we sign him' variety - but I read Bozza's post as a tad tongue in cheek.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here