Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Holloway admits culpability for shit start, and takes his ball home.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'd rather watch Palace get stuffed each week and see what the half wit has to say on Sky and MOTD.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I'd rather watch Palace get stuffed each week and see what the half wit has to say on Sky and MOTD.

I've always said Wurzel isn't funny but what he's doing at Palace is making me piss myself laughing ...........and long may it continue.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He's doing a fine job it has to be said, although my palms would be MOIST with anticipation should he get the sack and a certain Paulo Di Canio gets considered.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Yes, long may Holloway continue with the job he's started.

My official view is that he's an idiot, an attention seeker, and far less of a manager than he'd have the world believe.

Mind you I thought the interview after the Fulham game did come across much better than his usual ones (let's assume the "disrespectful Fulham fans" bit was a "joke"). He at least acknowledged that he may have tried to bring in too many players, that their heads went down too easily, and that shouldn't happen if you're lucky enough to be in the Premier League.

But he'll be coming out with the usual nonsense soon enough.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eleven Palace related threads just on page 1, ELEVEN ! Get over them FFS !

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Totally agree,he really isn't a good manager. Palace's form from when he took over was basically mid table and they have won just TWO league games in the last 19 !

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Eleven Palace related threads just on page 1, ELEVEN ! Get over them FFS !

Wait until Saturday lunchtime, when their next drubbing is happening ! :lolol:

Seriously, it's light hearted fun which won't last forever, and a lot less depressing than the multiple repetitive Oscar In/Out threads of a few days ago.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I don't want Ian Holloway to get the sack

I don't want Holloway to get the sack because...

...someone will start a Garcia out, Holloway in thread and although it will never happen the thought will have been planted and I'll probably dream about it happening and I haven't woken up covered in shit and vomit since I was at university and I don't want to start again now.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
FAO: people moaning about the amount of Palace threads.

How about ****ing off and not opening them if you don't like them?

Palace getting stuffed week in week out is probably going to be the only joy we are going to get this season, so make the most of it I say.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Holloway's CV is very interesting. He learned his trade at Bristol Rovers, he took under-achieving QPR out of League 1 and back to mid-table comfort in the Championship. He left Plymouth down very badly and left after a few month when offered a big job at Leicester, but he failed there.

Blackpool was his highlight, taking them up via the play-offs but having absolutely no money to spend in the Prem getting relegated but then reaching the play-offs the following season, followed by play-offs with Palace.

Again, he's had no money to spend in the Prem, but given a season with Palace in the Prem is effectively a shop window he should have done better with his recruitment over the summer, particularly as Palace are a London club and coming to London is attractive.

Jamie Carragher described Palace as a Championship team playing in the Prem, a team that are arguably weaker than their play-off XI with Murray and Zaha. He's right and from the chairman's point of view there are better managers out there who wouldn't have let that happen.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Holloway's CV is very interesting. He learned his trade at Bristol Rovers, he took under-achieving QPR out of League 1 and back to mid-table comfort in the Championship. He left Plymouth down very badly and left after a few month when offered a big job at Leicester, but he failed there.

Blackpool was his highlight, taking them up via the play-offs but having absolutely no money to spend in the Prem getting relegated but then reaching the play-offs the following season, followed by play-offs with Palace.

Again, he's had no money to spend in the Prem, but given a season with Palace in the Prem is effectively a shop window he should have done better with his recruitment over the summer, particularly as Palace are a London club and coming to London is attractive.

Jamie Carragher described Palace as a Championship team playing in the Prem, a team that are arguably weaker than their play-off XI with Murray and Zaha. He's right and from the chairman's point of view there are better managers out there who wouldn't have let that happen.

This is what I don't understand about the scattergun approach they took with transfers. I thought they'd be much more careful and be able to attract a few decent players.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Palace losing consistently, being hopelessly out of their depth and facing relegation in around 6 months time is definitely of interest here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is what I don't understand about the scattergun approach they took with transfers. I thought they'd be much more careful and be able to attract a few decent players.

It's almost as if they did no groundwork until the day after they beat Watford at Wembley.

Hull is a God-awful place and yet they've brought in quality like Sagbo, Figueroa, Elmohamady, Curtis Davies, Livermore and Huddlestone from Spurs, MacGregor and Harper in goal. ALL of these outfield players would walk into Palace's side. That's £13 million on experienced, decent Prem players.

Wurzel has managed to spunk £5milion more on Prem reserves and Championship hopefuls. £18.5 million in total which - given they got £10mill+ for Zaha - wasn't nearly enough as it turns out.

Palace's academy has been rightly praised, but it looks as though the focus has been all there and not on identifying the sort of experience and quality you need to gain a foothold in the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here