Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
perry-l229-1128553_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
15:54 22nd October 2013
by James Hilsum
I’m hoping to take my form with Brighton and help us qualify for the World Cup"
Sophie Perry
Albion Women’s Sophie Perry has been called up to the Republic of Ireland squad for their upcoming World Cup Qualifier against Slovenia on 30th October.Perry appeared in the Republic’s two previous qualifiers - a 2-0 win over Slovakia and a 1-1 draw against Croatia - and admitted she was delighted to be called up again.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m so happy to be selected and it’s a big game for us as they also got a win against Slovakia, so we’ll be going for the three points to make sure we’re still top of the group.”
“I get called up regularly, and I’m hoping to take my form with Brighton and help us qualify for the World Cup.
She added, “I’ll be pushing for a start, and I feel I played quite well in the last few games so hopefully I can build on that.
“As an experienced player I try to be a leader and improve some of the younger members in the squad.”
However the defender admits despite currently leading Group 1 with four points from two games, they face a tough task in trying to reach the finals.
“The standard is a lot higher at international level as you’re playing against sides that are fully professional like Germany.
"We don’t have the opportunity to do that. They are able to train every day, whereas players like ourselves have to work as well, so it will be a challenge.”
The Seagulls full-back will join up with Sue Ronan’s side in London on the 26th for two days of training before flying out to Velenje for the match.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here