Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the last BHA player...

Jimmy Grimble

to go out on loan and have a successful spell?

I know 'successful' can be hard to quantify in this case, but I'm struggling to remember a player in recent times who has come back from a loan spell noticeably better. You could argue that loan spells have benefited players in ways that aren't immediately visible, i.e tougher mental strength and resolve, but I really can't recall a player who has gone out on loan, had an impact at the club he was at, before returning to us a more complete player.

Maybe Dean Cox?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Err, Doug Loft? :shrug:

Early 2009, went out on loan briefly to League Two Dagenham, did fairly well by all accounts, then returned and played an important (if understated) role in helping us beat the drop under Russell Slade. But even that's scraping the barrel somewhat, especially when you consider he was released at the end of that season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Steve Cook?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh. I missed the bit about coming back better.

Jimmy Grimble

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Another loan question. Did we ever have any players coming in or out on loan under Alan Mullery, in his first spell at the club ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn't the French bloke that Gus signed from dagenham go out on loan..did well..came back and started one or two games looked great and Gus never played him again?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Jake Forster-Caskey, who went on loan to League Two Oxford United. I think he was their best player when he spent around six months on loan there?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Brennan Dickenson had a successful loan spell at AFC Wimbledon last season (Feb/Mar). He scored 2 goals in 5 starts (plus 2 sub appearances), and generally impressed, but the recurrence of a foot injury curtailed the loan spell. The Wimbledon website stated he had made a "big impact" and the manager is quoted as saying "He was brilliant". - Update on loan players

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Err, Doug Loft? :shrug:

Early 2009, went out on loan briefly to League Two Dagenham, did fairly well by all accounts, then returned and played an important (if understated) role in helping us beat the drop under Russell Slade. But even that's scraping the barrel somewhat, especially when you consider he was released at the end of that season.

He's just scored the 2nd goal against Crawley tonight.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd probably say kuipers......had spells at boston and hull (was it after his car crash and while roberts was number 1?), and he definitely had good seasons for us after that

virgo and butters...weren't fancied by coppell, loaned out to exeter and barnet respectively and both came back very strongly (under mcghee)

hammond had spells at orient and aldershot before breaking into the first team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here