Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacked

Wing man to TFSO top boy. Racek's Avatar

Sacked

0 Not allowed!
    Ever been fired?

I was fired years ago when working on a campsite in France. Had an hr to leave and had no money and miles away from the nearest town.

Nightmare.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Got sacked from an engineering company in my twenties. I was in charge of doing DSU assessments for about 400 people. I got so bored I just stopped going in. About a month later I got sacked by a hand delivered letter. It wasn't unreasonable on their part.
      Crime is a disease. I'm the cure.
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Technically I was kicked out of the RAF.
      Be dangerous. It's careful out there

0 Not allowed!
      I've been a victim of the modern age and lost a job because of something I posted on twitter. Was working at a coffee shop and was verbally abused by a miserable customer because his cappuccino wasn't frothy enough (even though it was pretty damn frothy) and vented my feelings via social media and got the sack because of it.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pasty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Technically I was kicked out of the RAF.
      How, technically?

Curious as I'm an ex Rock.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by midnight_rendezvous View Post
      I've been a victim of the modern age and lost a job because of something I posted on twitter. Was working at a coffee shop and was verbally abused by a miserable customer because his cappuccino wasn't frothy enough (even though it was pretty damn frothy) and vented my feelings via social media and got the sack because of it.
      That is becoming increasingly common. Unusual to be sacked from one Twitter by I knew a mate who was working at a well known broadcasting company who needed to shed staff. They simply trawled through everyone's facebook accounts and sacked anyone that had anything slightly racist/sexist or dodgy or had said anything against the company and sacked them. My mate never uses FB so he stayed.
      Crime is a disease. I'm the cure.
      Wing man to TFSO top boy. Racek's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by midnight_rendezvous View Post
      What did you tweet?

0 Not allowed!
      Yeah in my teens, working at a big hardware chain - fired for coming in late, probably 2nd or 3rd time I was late. Couldn't stand the job, the boss was very aggressive and well OTT in terms of his expected workloads from everyone working there. Used to get through a lot of staff.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve2244 View Post
      What did you tweet?
      I might have said that I thought the gentleman in question was a bit of an arse and that I hoped that his drink caused an obstruction of airflow into the lungs. Or words to that effect...
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I was sacked from temp job with TSB, when they realised i was working in an area of people losing their properties, at the same time as I was during the hideous 80s...

I read recently of a (outstanding sacking policy) mass sacking at a company in singapore.
      They conducted a fire-drill, and when everybody was out of the office, advised people that if their building access cards didnt work anymore, they were redundant!...
      The guy that invented predictive text died today, his funfair will be next fryingpan.