Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's so anti English. Licks Blatters arse, is just a corrupt....

You're going to have to explain yourself I'm afraid. What has he done which is anti-English? Why is he corrupt? I do not agree with everything he does or says but he seems a decent guy with good intentions to me.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You're going to have to explain yourself I'm afraid. What has he done which is anti-English? Why is he corrupt? I do not agree with everything he does or says but he seems a decent guy with good intentions to me.

Well I'll start.

He voted for Qatar 2022

You telling me he did that for best of intentions rather than a bag full of used tenners?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I would rather have Platini. At least he was one of the greatest footballers the world has ever seen...I've just checked out Jeffrey Webb

Jeffrey Webb (born 1964), is the president of CONCACAF and the Cayman Islands Football Association (CIFA) and FIFA Vice President.

He was educated at Hillsborough Community College in the United States.His career in the football field spans for almost three decades. He was appointed as President of the Cayman Islands Football Association in 1991.[2]

CIFA’s accomplishments under Webb’s administration and leadership were widely recognized and in 1994 he was co-opted as a member of the CFU Executive Committee, and member of FIFA’s Protocol Committee in 1995. Prior to his appointment to CIFA, Webb served as President of the local football club Strikers FC.

Moreover, within FIFA’s governing body, in 2002 Webb became Deputy Chairman of the FIFA Internal Audit Committee and subsequently Chairman in 2011. He is a former member of FIFA’s Transparency and Compliance Committee and, most recently, was appointed as member of FIFA’s Strategic, Finance, Organizing World Cup and Emergency Committees.

Webb also took part of FIFA’s delegations to the World Cup including France (1998), U.S. Women’s World Cup (1999), Korea/Japan (2002), Germany (2006), and South Africa (2010).

Webb was a Business Development Manager at Fidelity Bank(Cayman) Limited, a subsidiary of Fidelity Bank & Trust International Limited, which is involved in retail banking, investment banking, corporate finance and asset management. Outside of banking, Webb co-owns a franchise of Burrell's bakery chain "Captain's Bakery" in the Cayman Islands.[3]

On May 23 2012, in Budapest, Hungary, Webb was unanimously elected to lead the Confederation of North, Central America and the Caribbean Football Association (CONCACAF). He became the fourth President in the Confederation’s history and the youngest leader of any regional association within FIFA to reach this position. As CONCACAF President, his core focus is to restructure the Confederation by building solid foundations to manage, develop and promote the game with a resilient commitment to inclusiveness, accountability and transparency.

As President of CONCACAF, Webb also became FIFA Vice President and an official member of the governing body’s Executive Committee. Moreover, on March 2013 Webb was appointed by FIFA President Joseph Blatter as Chairman of the FIFA anti-discrimination task force, which will oversee all matters related to discrimination within global football.

At the time of his appointment, in 2012, Webb was President of the Cayman Islands Football Association (CIFA).

Webb appointed a new Miami-based General Secretary Enrique Sanz de Santamaría enabling the CONCACAF head office to relocate to Miami.[4]

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Oh and if you want to know what Bobby Zamora is upto..>Check out the pic on the webpage of the Cayman Island government

http://www.gov.ky/portal/page?_pageid=1142,1&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Whooooa that's exactly what he will look like in 20 years time!!!!!

Everybody at FIFA is corrupt scum, in some way shape or form, it's corrupt to it's core so by default everybody in it must be. (generalisation I know but that's how I feel about it!)

What's more concerning is that Blatter even gets a say. Is selecting a new governor not a democratic process? (even though the transparency of democracy at FIFA is akin to elections in Zimbabwe)?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Isn't there some talk of Blatter engineering a further spell in the hot seat for himself anyway?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well I'll start.

He voted for Qatar 2022

You telling me he did that for best of intentions rather than a bag full of used tenners?

On the same day he voted for the Dutch bid for the world cup in the first round, then in the second round, after England were out of the running having finished last, he changed his vote to Russia. Blatant tactical voting to do his best to ensure that England didn't remain in contention after round one and pick up any second choice votes.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Platini's UEFA mysteriously decided, after France 2016, that the European Championships would hold matches across the continent, rather than in one country. Just so happens that Platini's country get the last one...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well I'll start.

He voted for Qatar 2022

I have no evidence to suggest he did anything but vote honorably . Who were the other 13 people/bodies which voted for Qatar?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the same day he voted for the Dutch bid for the world cup in the first round, then in the second round, after England were out of the running having finished last, he changed his vote to Russia. Blatant tactical voting to do his best to ensure that England didn't remain in contention after round one and pick up any second choice votes.

What's your view on the moon landings?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He is anti English

Had a big rant about the finances in the English game yet Barca and Madrid who spend unbelievable amounts of money are the 'crown jewels' of European football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here