Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Ian Holloway save OUR season if he WAS sacked ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Hypothetically if Ian Holloway was sacked at Palace and Oscar was sacked by Bloom which is quite likely I would welcome Ian Holloway to the AMEX with open arms. It would remind me of when Steve Coppell came down to save us and Holloway would be the perfect fit to be our new manager.

We need someone who is vastly experienced in the Championship, knows how to get teams into the play offs and win the final, look how he guided Palace last season to the play offs from a bad position and how he took Blackpool to the Prem. He is a great motivator and knows how to get the best out of his players like Glenn Murray so he would make Ashley Barnes into a new RVP.

Bloom would be mad to not take the opportunity to make Ian Holloway the new Albion manager.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Holloway didn't guide them anywhere ... the door was left wide open by others and they just walked through. He's shown me, through his duff signings, as much as I need to know

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Hypothetically if Ian Holloway was sacked at Palace and Oscar was sacked by Bloom which is quite likely I would welcome Ian Holloway to the AMEX with open arms. It would remind me of when Steve Coppell came down to save us and Holloway would be the perfect fit to be our new manager.

We need someone who is vastly experienced in the Championship, knows how to get teams into the play offs and win the final, look how he guided Palace last season to the play offs from a bad position and how he took Blackpool to the Prem. He is a great motivator and knows how to get the best out of his players like Glenn Murray so he would make Ashley Barnes into a new RVP.

Bloom would be mad to not take the opportunity to make Ian Holloway the new Albion manager.

:rolleyes::bla: and finally :shutup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
look how he guided Palace last season to the play offs from a bad position and how he took Blackpool to the Prem.

Did he, really, my memory tells me they made the play offs by the skin of their teeth having won the last match of the season following 9 games without a win

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He could save our season if he knows miracle cures for the injuries that have deprived us of key players. Otherwise ...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good idea Ernest, how long should we give him? Two games at most before you'd be back calling for his head? :rolleyes:

Just Walk Away Holloway instead of Foxtrot Oscar?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Although I realise it's a fishing trip I'll bite......I'd give up my season ticket if that carrot crunching half wit was even given a job as tea boy at The Albion. The man is so full of shit, he's not funny and he's not interesting just a caricature of what a manager should be. Wanky manager at a wanky club.....Wurzel and Palace , a match made in heaven.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Were loose!

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Although I realise it's a fishing trip I'll bite......I'd give up my season ticket if that carrot crunching half wit was even given a job as tea boy at The Albion. The man is so full of shit, he's not funny and he's not interesting just a caricature of what a manager should be. Wanky manager at a wanky club.....Wurzel and Palace , a match made in heaven.

:lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Doogie Greedman did all the DONKEY work , Wurzel just made sure all the shit stayed in the parcel.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unless he has the power to heal the lame, I very much doubt the Holloway (or anyone else for that matter) could SAVE our season.

Shit thread by the way.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He could save our season if he knows miracle cures for the injuries that have deprived us of key players. Otherwise ...

Hmmm, as l mentioned on another thread, l'm not so sure that our current injury problem is the major reason for our slump in form. After all two of our injured crop, Ulloa and Lua Lua have played in plenty of games, and were our results/performances that much better when they played?, l don't think that they were.

The problem as l see it, is more one of morale, and the players seemingly not knowing exactly what their roles under Oscar are Under Gus the players were all fine tuned, knew exactly what they were required to do, and the morale was high. Not any more.

But to get back on topic, yes l think Holloway would make a difference, although, unfortunately, Tony would never be brave enough to appoint him, and Holloway would never be brave enough to accept ... would they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here