Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair play to the Palace faithful.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Yep I dislike Palace as much as anybody on here but I have to say their Ultra singers put our North Standers to shame when it comes to making noise, even when they were losing they still made a racket. I think the club needs to sort something out to make sure our vocal element are closer together in the North, how they do it I don't know but I'm sure it would make a big difference, it would be need to be done during the close season obviously. Maybe those that are interested could inform the club they want to be part of that and the club sort it from there.
Once that core element is sorted then it would help the rest of the ground to join in, unless of course 'Safe Standing comes in' which would solve the problem.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Fair play, they make a lot of noise, a lot more than us but all credibility is gone from any teams fans when they start dribbling that St Pauli nonsense.

Yep I dislike Palace as much as anybody on here but I have to say their Ultra singers put our North Standers to shame when it comes to making noise, even when they were losing they still made a racket. I think the club needs to sort something out to make sure our vocal element are closer together in the North, how they do it I don't know but I'm sure it would make a big difference, it would be need to be done during the close season obviously. Maybe those that are interested could inform the club they want to be part of that and the club sort it from there.
Once that core element is sorted then it would help the rest of the ground to join in, unless of course 'Safe Standing comes in' which would solve the problem.

I'll tell you how they do it because just recently I was reading a thread on BBS in which their chairman was posting.

The thread was about the flares and fireworks the HF let off at Anfield, hospitalising a couple of Palace fans and traumatising children. Browett was asked about how much involvement the board has with them and he admitted that the HF are allowed access to Selhurst for their display's and, this is the good bit, the HF dictate who is allowed to buy tickets in that corner and have to approve the sale.

The tail is wagging the dog.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
he admitted that the HF are allowed access to Selhurst for their display's and, this is the good bit, the HF dictate who is allowed to buy tickets in that corner and have to approve the sale.

The tail is wagging the dog.

That's how the Ultra groups do it in europe. Not sure why you're trying to make it out as a bad thing, as fans in this country we seem far too happy to be told what to do - pay silly money but sit down shut up and don't cause a nuisance.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That's how the Ultra groups do it in europe.

....and that's why there is now big demand for German football, great atmosphere( not strangled by stewarding and petty dreamed up health and safety regs), cheaper prices, big modern stadia......they have just signed a huge worldwide TV deal, you watch the overseas demand for the Prem start to drift a bit, keep an eye on the sky deal next time......I bet the money on the table starts to move lower, wages lower and world class players move elsewhere.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

Palace faithful? The 'we stay till to the end regardless of the score' palace faithful? The 'we have no plastics' palace faithful?

Well in that case, most of the Palace faithful weren't even in the ground after 80 minutes. They can't have it both ways.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I agree that the Palace Always Ultras are doing a splendid job of representing their club. A bunch of inane chavs with no interest in watching football.

If you really think The Amex would be improved by 100 hoody-wearing, drum-banging, Euro-wailing morons then I politely suggest you should go and see a doctor.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Saw a thread on the Holmesdale forum about how poor the atmosphere was and that they were outsung by Fulham after the first 20 minutes!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Fair play, they make a lot of noise, a lot more than us but all credibility is gone from any teams fans when they start dribbling that St Pauli nonsense.

Yes ok I understand that about the St Pauli bit but at least it gets the atmosphere going, maybe our North Standers could think of something else equally as good. I get so frustrated when we have got 28,000 in the ground and hardly any noise is generated. Spurs crowd is only 7,000 more than ours and yet the noise generated from them is phenomenal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It very much reminds me of the Irish fans at the Euros last time round. They know full well that having gatecrashed the party, their team is pitifully inadequate and hopelessly out of its depth in every game. So the only thing to do while your team is getting brutally humped and humiliated right in front you every week, and often in front of the nation, is to basically forget the football, jump around, make some noise and pretend like you're actually enjoying it.

There's no ambition. No notion of actually competing / being competitive, or even making a game of it. Its just a "hey, look at us, we're just pleased to be here" mentality. They're Premier League tourists for a year, and they're determined to make a show of looking like they're really enjoying it, while their team draws nothing but sympathy, amusement and mirth from all and sundry each week.

I appreciate it was always going to be a struggle this season, but Palace have taken "just making up the numbers" to a whole new level. I don't recall ever seeing a PL team so pitifully equipped to even have a GO at staying up. And having trod on us to get promoted, they can sneer at us all they like, and they will of course. But I honestly would not be enjoying the kind of season they are having were it the Albion in their place performing like that. Its car crash stuff.

Still, jump around. Make some noise. Pretend like you're enjoying it. Its all they can do really.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I agree that the Palace Always Ultras are doing a splendid job of representing their club. A bunch of inane chavs with no interest in watching football.

If you really think The Amex would be improved by 100 hoody-wearing, drum-banging, Euro-wailing morons then I politely suggest you should go and see a doctor.

Not with you on the last paragraph.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Saw a thread on the Holmesdale forum about how poor the atmosphere was and that they were outsung by Fulham after the first 20 minutes!
If that is true then it is good news for Palace. Playing that badly and getting stuffed at home then you should be outsung by a decent away following.

The alternative that we keep getting told is so great where a bunch of kids ignore what is happening on the pitch and "keep singing" (i.e. one bloke bangs a drum and a hundred others join in some drivel) is just nonsense.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Here's those faithful HF Ultras after the game getting behind the players and manager. Well, when I say get behind I mean shout all sorts of abuse and one of them even does a slit throat gesture at Holloway. There's your HF Ultras. Bunch of little boys pretending to be men.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Here's those faithful HF Ultras after the game getting behind the players and manager. Well, when I say get behind I mean shout all sorts of abuse and one of them even does a slit throat gesture at Holloway. There's your HF Ultras. Bunch of little boys pretending to be men.

What makes me laugh about that video is that they are abusing the manager, yet applauding the players - you know, the ones that were out on the pitch and who could have made a difference to the game :ffsparr:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

You are off tangent there, its got absolutely nothing to do with that video and you know it. Re read the original post and come back with something more relevant. Its about improving the noise at The Amex, the Palace last night was an example of what noise level can be achieved, we don't come near it. Think of something helpful to make it better. If it was possible to transpose the lads from the old North Stand to The North at The Amex I would, but I can't, so I am trying to think of a solution thats all.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
They were decent when they were winning, thats about it. ANYONE who thinks they were good for the whole match really needs their head testing, a true meaning of "You only sing when your winning".

Other than that, it was shockingly quiet. Also brilliant to see some of the knuckle-draggers abusing Holloway - all is well up there.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You are off tangent there, its got absolutely nothing to do with that video and you know it. Re read the original post and come back with something more relevant. Its about improving the noise at The Amex, the Palace last night was an example of what noise level can be achieved, we don't come near it. Think of something helpful to make it better. If it was possible to transpose the lads from the old North Stand to The North at The Amex I would, but I can't, so I am trying to think of a solution thats all.

Think you're being over critical here. We're not as bad as you like to make out, and they are nowhere near as good.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

These are the fans you're referring to as making noise at the Palace game, it's very relevant. What isn't relevant is the noise at the old Goldstone which was seldom if ever as noisy as the Amex, it really wasn't. For a start the North Stand was hardly ever more than half full. We very rarely had sustained periods of 'walls of noise' and never when we were losing 4-1. The idea that the Goldstone was a cauldron of noise is a myth.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Personally can't stand this nouveau style "support." It's all very "ooh ooh look at us, aren't we PROPER fans." Is it only me?! More concerned about how they look and sound imo. None of them would have done the same as we did back in the Archer/Bellotti days. And the songs are dreadful dirges.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here