Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to wake up and smell the coffee

Lopez's Left foot

Oct 21, 2013
To all the people moaning at the more 'negative' poster's on here...I have one message for you! Get realistic and take off those rose tinted specs!!!! We are NOT getting promoted this season FACT. Can’t believe I am saying that as it’s only October but it’s true. And you all know it. 8 points from even getting into the last playoff spot and that team is Reading who are a quality side and will prob finish 2nd behind QPR.

I know there’s some deluded people on here that think we can still make the playoffs but I did a calculation this morning and if we are to hit the average points needed for a play off team (which is 72) we will need 1.70 points a game from now on. That is nearly automatic promotion form people, can you honestly see that happening from now on under Garcia?! We may even be involved in a relegation battle now unless we get some form fast and our next 5 games look bloody tough.

Face it…we blew our big chance against the scum from Selhurst last season, defeat to them and the ensuing fall out from Poyet leaving has set us back 3-4 years, maybe even more. Bridders will be off in January and other players will follow suit in the summer, I can’t see Leo wishing to stick around at a mid-lower table Championship side for long can you?? League One here we come when we should have been Premiership last year. It’s absolutely GUTTING.

Rant over.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Burnley avoided the drop on the last day of last season. Then they sold their best player. Now look at them.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
To all the people moaning at the more 'negative' poster's on here...I have one message for you! Get realistic and take off those rose tinted specs!!!! We are NOT getting promoted this season FACT. Can’t believe I am saying that as it’s only October but it’s true. And you all know it. 8 points from even getting into the last playoff spot and that team is Reading who are a quality side and will prob finish 2nd behind QPR.

I know there’s some deluded people on here that think we can still make the playoffs but I did a calculation this morning and if we are to hit the average points needed for a play off team (which is 72) we will need 1.70 points a game from now on. That is nearly automatic promotion form people, can you honestly see that happening from now on under Garcia?! We may even be involved in a relegation battle now unless we get some form fast and our next 5 games look bloody tough.

Face it…we blew our big chance against the scum from Selhurst last season, defeat to them and the ensuing fall out from Poyet leaving has set us back 3-4 years, maybe even more. Bridders will be off in January and other players will follow suit in the summer, I can’t see Leo wishing to stick around at a mid-lower table Championship side for long can you?? League One here we come when we should have been Premiership last year. It’s absolutely GUTTING.

Rant over.

So, you joined this month, this is your first post and you called Palace 'scum' to make it sound like you are a true fan?? Don't believe you!!

And if you are a real fan...what you say is complete and utter sh*t.

Bye bye troll have a nice life

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Rant over.

Agree we won't get promoted but disagree that we will be in league 1 next year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So, you joined this month, this is your first post and you called Palace 'scum' to make it sound like you are a true fan?? Don't believe you!!

And if you are a real fan...what you say is complete and utter sh*t.

Bye bye troll have a nice life

Who is this "Lopez" he speaks of?

Everyone I know calls him Spanish Dave.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We were about 11/2 to get promoted this year.

This approximately one in six or seven chance at the start of each season is what we are likely to have for the foreseeable future.

I'm perfectly happy with that. My only problem at the moment is the disappointment of not seeing all of my favourite attacking players (apart from Buckley) because they are injured.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What a sad pathetic attempt at trolling.

FWIW, check the records fo Reading a couple of seasons ago, they came up from the lower half of the division and made the automatic places. Also Palace last season, with Hollowhead as manager FFS, if they did it.... We have a perfectly good chance of making the playoffs as the likes of Wigan, Forest, Leicester, Leeds, 'Boro, Watford, Burnley, Blackpool, Charlton.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm confused. There is a thread today entitled "Coffee", and now this one, about waking up and smelling the coffee.

I can't stand coffee. What should I do?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How can you be so sure we will not make the playoffs? We've found ourselves in similar positions in the table in the last 2 seasons and yet both times have made it into the playoffs by easter (stupidly dropping out of them once). Reading were in the exact same position as us at this stage of the season when they went up.

By all means slag off the manager, DoF, CEO, chairman, players and kitman but dont talk in certainties about something that is still entirely up for grabs, it just makes you look like a retard and undermines the rest of you argument.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
...but we won't go up this year.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Rant over.

:whistle:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Usual suspects zoom into have a go instead of recognising the FACTS

I think it's quite clear who Lopez' Left Foot is, do you agree with me ERNEST?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here