Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rabbits give you raisins!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Having just been given a friends rabbit (my first ever, very excited!) to look after for 2 months whilst he goes travelling, I learnt nay was introduced to a strange phenomenon! I think its common knowledge that rabbits like carrots, but I never new they loved grapes! I was informed that they love em, and can't get enough. A happy side effect is raisins are left behind! Every morning without fail for the past 4 days this delicacy has been left behind by new furry friend! At first they are a little bit dry but I find if you add water (sparkling is my fav) they soon turn into a tasty morsel, if you put them in a Tupperware box you can take them to work place and share them round, they stay fresh all day!

Got me thinking do you also share any food-age at work?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Having just been given a friends rabbit (my first ever, very excited!) to look after for 2 months whilst he goes travelling, I learnt nay was introduced to a strange phenomenon! I think its common knowledge that rabbits like carrots, but I never new they loved grapes! I was informed that they love em, and can't get enough. A happy side effect is raisins are left behind! Every morning without fail for the past 4 days this delicacy has been left behind by new furry friend! At first they are a little bit dry but I find if you add water (sparkling is my fav) they soon turn into a tasty morsel, if you put them in a Tupperware box you can take them to work place and share them round, they stay fresh all day!

Got me thinking do also share any food-age at work?

:lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Since my next door neighbors cat left, there are about a billion rabbits ( billion and 10.........going up by the minute) in my garden, they just sit there staring, it's spooky.
The result is, there are loads of raisins on my path. Unfortunately due to the 2 second rule I am not able to harvest them and enjoy the raisony taste.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I hear what you're saying Skipper, you can never be to careful with the hygiene of food that's been left outdoors. Although having developed a real appreciation for the raisins my main concern is a fox or robin or even a wild cockerel will taking a shine to my free buffet. Maybe freeze them in a drop of champagne, thus killing any possible bacteria the raisins may have picked up in the surrounding environment and finishing it off to a delicate flavour that could be brought out at christmas or other family occasions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here