Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus Lanes in Liverpool

The Mayor of Scouseland has decreed that all Bus Lanes within the City are to be removed from today for a trial period of 9 Months.

He is sure that the Lanes themselves are the cause of the congestion.

Could this work in Brighton?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Funnily enough, as I've mentioned before, bus services that use the Lewes Road have become even later since the introduction of these lanes, the service 24 is absolutely shocking now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Mayor of Scouseland has decreed that all Bus Lanes within the City are to be removed from today for a trial period of 9 Months.

He is sure that the Lanes themselves are the cause of the congestion.

Could this work in Brighton?

Wow. I lived in Liverpool when they were introduced and they certainly contributed to congestion. The buses are very well used there and the services into the city are great. I often used the bus which as I recall was far cheaper than down here but didn't notice any apparent difference in passengers probably due to their already high numbers. However as in Brighton, the lanes caused the duration of rush hour journeys in a car to be massively increased. Great news if true!

albionite

May 20, 2009
No chance this happening in Brighton with their anti car policies, even if someone proved it would help the flow of traffic

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Having driven around most of the country there are lots of crazy bus lane placements, and some where the timing needs changing. You don't need bus lanes that are in place 24 hours a day when the buses only run for 18. A lot of lanes in London are in place until 10am when the rush period ends at around 9am. My pet hates are parts of South London where there are 3 traffic lanes, and 2 of them are for buses only, utter madness.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I loved the reporter on Breakfast TV standing next to a main road in Liverpool in the rush hour talking about his. During his 30 second piece to air 1 vehicle drove past behind him.A bus. Not in the bus lane. It looked like Lewes Road at about 3 am.

Yes, because Brighton and Liverpool are exactly the same in every way.

Calm yourself TLO, I'm merely asking a question. I have no axe with Brighton Politics, I do not live there.

p.s. You didn't answer on my Chicken thread.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Irrespective of what you've been told is the case, when you fail to understand local politics, you do it in style, don't you?

:facepalm:

As do apparently lots of the voters. The latest poll appears to show that a lot of politically ignorant punters are failing to grasp the successes of the Green Party (or at least that is what I understood that nice Mr. Kitcat to be saying).

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Could be a good idea to narrow the bus lanes say to half there width and turn them into cycle lanes :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Great news for car drivers, though it will stop people using buses as journey times will now go up.

That wasn't my experience tbh, I noticed a negligible difference. I believe it was swings and roundabouts as sooner or later the ground gained when the roads were wider, was lost as at a junction or earlier, the road slimmed or ended up merging. However I usually only used one route into town so can't say what the others were like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here