Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coffee

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
As you all know, if some on here are to be believed, we are soon in a relegation dog fight.....so to cast your minds astray for 2 mins, quick question for ya

What's your favourite Coffee chain - Costa Latte

Instant Coffee - Carte Noir

I love a good ol Costa coffee, can't get enough! And carte noir is like crack to me!! What's yours?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
From whats available here...Costa, and Mama Coffee...... Starbucks can piss off with their boiled frothy milk.
When in Brighton...cant remember the places name, but the coffeeshop at the bottom of St James St.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chain - Nero (latte), although my coffee shop choice is most often dictated by the availablity of a confy sofa and free wifi, as much as the actual coffee.
Instant - none

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The other day I was driving up to Burton so left around 4am. By 7 I was desperate for a coffee so the chap I was driving with suggested going to the next petrol station and using their Costa machine.

"A MACHINE?!" I exclaimed. I don't want one from a MACHINE.

Anyway,the desperation and need for Diesel forced my hand. As I walked in there it was. A gleaming beast of coffee making abilities. I looked at it. Sure it LOOKS fancy but its going to be CRUD innit.

Anyway, play it safe I thought. White americano. The button was pressed and I watched it make my coffee. I looked terrible, I could see no bean griunding going on. I was distraught.

And then I tasted it. Phenomenal. Sure some purists will say it's not the same and they may be right. But MY GOD I was suprised.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Can't look beyond good old Tim Hortons for a great mug of strong ground coffee with creamer at a great price... unfortunately travelling to Canada is cost prohibitive. Oh and I'm a coffee snob, so just don't do instant... I know, I know I'm sorry.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Chain - Costa
Local - The Naked Coffee and Tea Company (which is also where I buy coffee for my espresso machine)
Instant - As if, it doesn't taste remotely like coffee

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Incidentally, is it just me that thinks Pret coffee is the strongest and most bitter tasting coffee you can buy?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Black Americano is my beverage of choice and as for a chain I guess Costa out of the big 3 but try my best to seek independent coffee shops where I can.

The only instant coffee that doesn't taste like mud IMO is the the Starbucks VIA. It's expensive but it's not too bad. I have my coffee black so I can only testify to it being good black but might be worth a look if, like me, you're a bit of a coffee snob (so my significant other says).

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Small Batch are one of the best

This place is also good
https://www.facebook.com/TheCoffeeCounter
(cheaper than many, and every fifth is free rather than every tenth as in many places).

Also the new place on the far right of Brighton Station (the Waiting Room?) does good coffee

Also flat white for me every time, rather than cappuccino or latte

Oct 25, 2003
i can understand going to chain coffee shops in other, boring towns where that is the only option....but why on earth would you do that in brighton?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Small Batch are one of the best

This place is also good
https://www.facebook.com/TheCoffeeCounter
(cheaper than many, and every fifth is free rather than every tenth as in many places).

Also the new place on the far right of Brighton Station (the Waiting Room?) does good coffee

Also flat white for me every time, rather than cappuccino or latte

They also do sausage rolls from the Brighton Sausage Company.

Double winner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't stand coffee, but I'm going to make a polite appeal.

Can those of you who do consume coffee please consider those who you speak to and/or breathe over afterwards. Coffee stinks. Chew some gum please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here