Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be relegated from the Championship this season?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do not believe for one second we will go down nor, ultimately, be in danger of going down. But who will be gracing League One next year.

Based on Yeovil's performance on Saturday, I think they're dead and buried already. One down, two to go. Who else?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Sheffield Wednesday already look pretty dead and buried with no wins and were near the end of October.

The way Birmingham are going, they might be down too.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I do not believe for one second we will go down nor, ultimately, be in danger of going down. But who will be gracing League One next year.

Based on Yeovil's performance on Saturday, I think they're dead and buried already. One down, two to go. Who else?

I think you're writing off teams too easily. Barnsley looked dead and buried this time last year and were abjectly poor but yet the survived.

No one is "good enough" to go down and a continuation of the run of poor results(albeit those results being unlucky and injuries aside) will soon have an impact on morale and team spirit in exactly the same way it has done in other years when teams have been relegated.

Learning lessons from what happened with Wolves last year will tell you that we ARE in very real danger of going down and the sooner that the club and fans accept and realise this, then the sooner we can begin to turn things round.

We are relying on injured players to come back and make a difference. However, that's a very dangerous game to play as no one knows what impact those players will have when they DO return.

I know I've joked and wound people about Bridcutt going to another club, etc. However, when he, Orlandi and CMS do come back - people are thinking that a magic wand will make things right again. However, who is to say that they will fit into the style of play that Garcia wants us to play?

I am genuinely concerned that we are slipping into that spiral where we think everything will be ok eventually and then before it's too late - Christmas is here and we are 2 points off a relegation place.

A win next Monday against Watford, would however, make ALOT of difference and would be the psychological boost that the team need.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yeovil, Shef Wednesday and a dog fight between Barnsley, Birmingham and Bolton

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

I can't really say yet although there are a few teams that are looking pretty frail, Sheff Wed, Yeovil, Barnsley, Brum are looking a bit suspect as well.The points tally after xmas will be a good indicator. I don't think we will be candidates either

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Absolutely. A Gus team without Ulloa, Orlandi and Bridcutt would still have played a lot better than we are now and would still have beaten a terrible Yeovil team on Saturday. People have blinkers on if they think our problems are all down to the injuries. They are not. We have become a poor team with no style and no discernible game plan. Of course having Orlandi and Ulloa in a team will improve it, but the team they return to will be in awful form, near the bottom of the table, extremely low on confidence and unable to score goals. They will provide an initial boost, but thinking everything will be fine once they're back is foolish. They could just as easily be sucked into the poor play we are now producing in every single match.

Also, we could be 18th on Saturday night and these players are still MONTHS away from returning. If you think the situation is bad now, imagine it after another four or five defeats. God knows what the league table will look like when these players are finally back in December or January.

Absolutely totally negative.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we were shipping goals I'd be worried. We're not. If our back line stays fit (massive assumption, possibly, the way this season is going) then we are going to remain difficult to score against.

Lita will score goals once he has some sharpness back - he nearly won us the game on Saturday.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
One thing nobody has mentioned is if any team gets hit for a 10 point deduction and I'd say Birmingham could be if they don't sort themselves out. Yeovil for sure are going back down as they don't seem to have any resources but are capable of picking up the odd point or win. Barnsley look another candidate but who knows if they sack Flitcroft or go on a run like last season and haul themselves out. Sheffield Wednesday are quite capable of pulling themselves out of trouble as are Bolton who are now picking up points.

As for us, as things stand we are 33/1 to go down and the bookies have us to finish nearer top than bottom at the moment but unless we start scoring goals and picking up wins that 33/1 will look very tempting soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here