Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not only a striker

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
The necessity of a striker is obvious but for me the biggest problem is creativity, someone that can play a final ball is what we are lacking big time

You can stick RVP up front if he doesn’t get the ball he don’t score

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If only Orlandi hadn't got injured, the silly sausage

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
I totally agree with you and everyone moaning at Barnes need to think when he plays upfront on his own he has no where to go when he gets the ball and he is not good enough to hold the ball and win flicks, this showed on Saturday when lita came on he wasn't match fit yet but he one headers and own flicks I think Barnes needs to play off lita. I also relapse Barnes doesn't work hard enough and should do more but as is say he is not the type of player who is effective playing upfront on his own.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Conway was supplying fairly well on occasions on Saturday - but there was no one there, looked more promising after Lita came on, maybe we need to start with him against Watford.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
If I remember correctly JFC was always used as an attacking midfielder with ther DS squad. Need him to rediscover that attacking sense or need him to be allowed to express his attacking ability more within the first team. I'm not suggesting he will be anywhere near Orlandi's quality but it would certain be a start.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
If I remember correctly JFC was always used as an attacking midfielder with ther DS squad. Need him to rediscover that attacking sense or need him to be allowed to express his attacking ability more within the first team. I'm not suggesting he will be anywhere near Orlandi's quality but it would certain be a start.

i agree id give JFC a run the lad has shown bits of quality, at the moment eveything comes down our flanks once teams stop our wingers there are no other options

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
But even if Barnes gives an option he is not good enough to hold the ball up it's not creative it is all down to our tactics which at the moment I don't know what our plan is!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Yes Conway was good on sat but he is awful he really is

You judge a player on two games don't you !!
QPR and Yeovil, I thought he was excellent against Yeovil and obviously Yeovil were worried about him as they doubled up against him and then kicked lumps out of him.
Remember Spanish Dave when he first came to us, he was shocking for the first few games and also this year he has been appalling so far but I don't see you slagging him off

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Spanish Dave has been awful as well I don't know why we got Conway in should of let youth have a chance

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
ok mate

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
This is my point we are so hot on youth and we don't use any of them all these people saying why put them into a team who aren't performing well when do we play them???

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we need a creative midfielder as i dont think crofts or andrews or ince are that sort of player and i wouldnt say caskey is a creative midfielder

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
This is my point we are so hot on youth and we don't use any of them all these people saying why put them into a team who aren't performing well when do we play them???

If rather take a point away at Yeovil with a side that's struggling to convert chances than lose with a team full of youth players who Yeovil would have kicked off the park

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Not saying a team full of youth I'm saying when do we give the chance to people like George barker and solly march??

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I totally agree with you and everyone moaning at Barnes need to think when he plays upfront on his own he has no where to go when he gets the ball and he is not good enough to hold the ball and win flicks, this showed on Saturday when lita came on he wasn't match fit yet but he one headers and own flicks I think Barnes needs to play off lita. I also relapse Barnes doesn't work hard enough and should do more but as is say he is not the type of player who is effective playing upfront on his own.

hE2464B46

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here