Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing out on Scotland call did Conway a favour [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Missing out on Scotland call did Conway a favour[/h]5:00am Monday 21st October 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2689328.jpg
On-loan winger Craig Conway is getting more settled at Albion
Craig Conway says being ditched by Scotland did him a favour.
The on-loan Albion winger was left out of the squad for Scotland’s win against Croatia last week.
He became a dad just before the international break and feels more settled now following his move from Cardiff.
Conway, Albion’s best player in Saturday’s stalemate at Yeovil in place of the injured Kazenga LuaLua, told The Argus: “It’s been pretty hectic since I got here, with my wife expecting and finding a house. It all came at once, so I think the international break was pretty good because I got to train really hard with the team.
“We managed to get a house and the baby came, so I am a lot more settled. I was ready to play and get some minutes and match sharpness and I thought I did well.
“Obviously, you want to be involved on the international scene, which I had been for the last three trips, but maybe in hindsight it was a blessing.”
Meanwhile, LuaLua has fuelled fears that he could be added to Albion’s long-term injury list.
He tweeted yesterday: “Tough 8 weeks ahead. Gonna be so hard!”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here