Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Homeland becoming like Lost..?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Give up now and just remember the first series for what it was, a great thriller. It's now become a victim of it's own success and will become increasingly ridiculous. The basic premise of " will he/won't he blow himself up and can she alone stop him" was great telly. Time to move on.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Give up now and just remember the first series for what it was, a great thriller. It's now become a victim of it's own success and will become increasingly ridiculous. The basic premise of " will he/won't he blow himself up and can she alone stop him" was great telly. Time to move on.

Lost me half way through series two. Not given three a go and with this thread I don't think I will either

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wasn't he shot when he was mugged - I only glanced at it at the start. I did see the people holding him shave his head, might have been a general shave though due to his injuries, so I might have that wrong as well!!

Quite boring so far.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
It is becoming quite ridiculous. But apparently this weeks episode is really good and gets things back on track. Also I just assumed his head was shaved because he's on the run and is less obvious than bright ginger.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It is becoming quite ridiculous. But apparently this weeks episode is really good and gets things back on track. Also I just assumed his head was shaved because he's on the run and is less obvious than bright ginger.

I think a pasty white guy with ginger stubble might be just as big a give away !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It Lost me through series 2.

I have high hopes for this series, (not watched last nights yet) last week was pretty good, Carie's over acting gurning I took as a necessary evil.
My only reservation is the daughter, if that story line doesn't move on, her knobbing other mentalist will all be for nothing.

It seems a lot more stripped back at the moment, nothing to floury or OTT.
Saul and his CIA coven is holding it together for me, at the moment.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It rubbish. It swings from boring daughter teenage drama to very dark and depressing mental health issues and one odd, out of place episode 3. Yes, it may all come to together but I'm dropping out. Series 1, superb, series 2 I watched out of habit, this one is not entertaining.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
It rubbish. It swings from boring daughter teenage drama to very dark and depressing mental health issues and one odd, out of place episode 3. Yes, it may all come to together but I'm dropping out. Series 1, superb, series 2 I watched out of habit, this one is not entertaining.

like he said.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Well, the whole series has been slow and turgid. The daughter storyline at the beginning looked like it would be important, but it was reAlly just padding. I only kept watching becAuse I'm too lazy to stop.

Then I watched last Sundays episode. Totally gripping. The whole thing lights up when Danes and Lewis are on screen together. I think it's no coincidence that the episodes without Brody were poor.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
This series felt like they had one idea (the last two episodes) and had to get from the bombing to that in 12 more steps. The non Brody stuff was padding I agree but I guess you have to with a tight filming schedule.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I've actually really enjoyed this series. Certainly more than season 2. Was a slow starter, but the last 5 or 6 episodes have been terrific. However I'm sure the final episode on Sunday will throw up more questions than answers.

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
Having only started watching Homeland online a few months ago, I have to say season 2 has been my favourite. Season 3 does seem to be a little slower than the previous two.
Yesterday one of my American friends accidentally revealed something about the season finale yesterday so I ended up watching it online.... I wasn't blown away I must admit. Maybe because I have watched all the seasons in one go and had become used to the twist/turns/drama that usually shows it's self in the past couple of seasons!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here