Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training ground

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Just wanted to know people thoughts about the new training ground are people happy that yes we have a new training ground and it's going to be awesome for the club and bring through youth but we have had to give up giving a transfer budget to the manager

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Infrastructure>Players.

also Infrastructure+Patience = Players+Success

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Get what ur saying and I agree but why are we paying someone like Craig Conway who is awful when we have solly March and george barker sitting on the bench when are youth setup is seem so important you could argue there not ready but they haven't been given a chance they must be getting annoyed at the moment !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Conway is a proven player at this level, throwing youngsters into a under performing team that is lacking confidence is a huge gamble which could be detrimental to their progression. Steady the ship, then blood the youngsters.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Not at all that's why one of the reasons poyet left he went to seem bloom and asked what money do I have to spend on players and bloom said pretty much nothing as the training ground is costing so much and he went into one and said yes it is important to the club but how do you expect me to get this team to the prem without money!

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Proven player he was in a team who won the league at Cardiff he played 26 times for them score done goal and got two assists that says it all

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Where do these new posters spring up from :lolol:

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Been watching the Albion for ages now and never really liked this but thought I would try it out whys it funny lol?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Proven player he was in a team who won the league at Cardiff he played 26 times for them score done goal and got two assists that says it all
So he played in over half the games for a team that strolled the Championship. I'm not sure what your argument is?

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Yer and did nothing ??? So how has he proven himself look at that record he is winger and he had two assists ????

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pretty much nothing to spend? Is that what Bloom said?

I'm flabbergasted that some people seem to think we are not spending money on the team.

Throwing huge amount of sums at the team doesn't guarantee top flight football.

Do we have the desire and means to do a Leicester or Cardiff and go for broke?

We have an owner who wants to run the club efficiently. I dare say he is feeling the squeeze after supporting us at Withdean all those years and writing off £150m on the club.

Who or what is going to guarantee us promotion? How much do they/it cost?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Get what ur saying and I agree but why are we paying someone like Craig Conway who is awful when we have solly March and george barker sitting on the bench when are youth setup is seem so important you could argue there not ready but they haven't been given a chance they must be getting annoyed at the moment !

Conway was far from awful yesterday. Dissapointing result aside he has pace and can cross the ball accurately.
Which is not to say that March in particular might contribute effectively if given a run - I think had we won a couple of games he would be getting on as a sub but while we are on a bad run Oscar will keep the pressure off him. Barker is a bit of an enigma. Scores consistently for the u-21's but doesn't seem to have persuaded the coaches that he can step up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yer and did nothing ??? So how has he proven himself look at that record he is winger and he had two assists ????
He's proven himself by contributing to the team that won last season's championship. Individual stats are interesting but rarely tell the whole story. MacKay obviously rated his performances enough to continue picking him, and I'd back his judgement over yours.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

He was the best player on the pitch yesterday.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
So we are meant to just slack off games because are team ain't good enough and we want to run the club well so we won't spend any money???

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The two are not related. Different set of money isn't it.

Correct.

Transfer budget restricted by FFP
Training ground is not.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every couple of months we get a "new" poster who will only post in threads he has started. He won't post in anyone else's threads. I look via the search facility. I usually respond on the lines of "why do you post only in your own threads?" do a search on my posts of you don't believe me.

Seagulls 56 you have followed form by only posting in the two threads you have posted today.

Mods/Bozza. Any chance you can trace the IP address of Seagulls56 to see if he is a usual suspect?

Cheers.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Really ahah because at the moment I don't want to post of. Anyone else threads it's up to me what I post on lol very sad tbh if. See a post that'd not mine and I want to post I will do

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Every couple of months we get a "new" poster who will only post in threads he has started. He won't post in anyone else's threads. I look via the search facility. I usually respond on the lines of "why do you post only in your own threads?" do a search on my posts of you don't believe me.

Seagulls 56 you have followed form by only posting in the two threads you have posted today.

Mods/Bozza. Any chance you can trace the IP address of Seagulls56 to see if he is a usual suspect?

Cheers.

His IP address will probably be untraceable as it won't have .'s in it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So we are meant to just slack off games because are team ain't good enough and we want to run the club well so we won't spend any money???

Really ahah because at the moment I don't want to post of. Anyone else threads it's up to me what I post on lol very sad tbh if. See a post that'd not mine and I want to post I will do
Are you having a stroke?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here