Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which managers heads have you called for on NSC over the years?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems plenty are now ready to bin Oscar. So are you honest enough to admit which managers you have suggested we get rid of in your time on NSC?

I think I called for Gritt's head not too many games into the season following Hereford..sorry about that but he was actually quite a crap manager, but he definitely saved our league status. We were almost as crap as before he came once the new season came around..IMO

Jeff Wood

I felt sorry for Hinshelwood and although I was very happy that Coppell came in I don't remember demanding we got shot, could be wrong though

MA second time around not long into the season, possibly the most depressed I have ever been watching an Albion side and that includes the slide down the league, I was close to giving up watching the Albion at all at the end of his tenure.

That's it I think

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There were some I never took to (MGhee, Adams mkII spring to mind) and that I wasn't standing up for nor sad to see go, but I don't remember ever actually calling for a manager to go.

D

Deleted User X18H

Saward, Clough, Taylor, Mullery, Bailey, Melia, Cattlin, Mullery. Lloyd, Brady, Case, Grit, Horton, Wood, Adams, Taylor, Tinselhead, Coppell, Magoo, Wilkins, Adams, Salde, Poyet & Oscar

What about the clipboard kid?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
More to the point, has a manager ever turned it around after losing the fans. I can't recall many, if any. I'm not calling for Garcia's head. But I think we need to start getting some results and quick, injury list or no injury list.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saward, Clough, Taylor, Mullery, Bailey, Melia, Cattlin, Mullery. Lloyd, Brady, Case, Grit, Horton, Wood, Adams, Taylor, Tinselhead, Coppell, Magoo, Wilkins, Adams, Salde, Poyet & Oscar

LOL ! You bring some much needed humour to this board and long may it continue. Loving your work.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Adams (mark 2), I was so pi$$ed off with him after we had lost I actually shouted at him to just **** off and leave as everyone silently trudged out of Withdean after another horror show. Some old guy said that will not help, it did as he was sacked the next week.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I wasn't posting on North Stand Chat back then, I was just a voyeur. However I would have been one of the first and loudest critics of Mark Mcghee. Never have I seen so many defeats snatched from Victories with incompetent substitutions. The only time I have ever turned my back on the Albion and stopped going. Apparently a nice bloke though.

Never called for Poyet to go but was quite pleased he did. League one legend, Average Championship Manager.

Was not happy with the treatmant of Dean Wilkins and so never got behind Adams second time around.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Melia - just a joke manager...... Took us to a FA Cup Final, but the training was largely run by the senior pro's.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Melia, Case, Wood, Hinch, Wilkins, Adams (second time).

OK NSC wasn't around for the first three. (Don't think it was for Wood? :shrug:).

I didn't call for their heads loudly but I was relieved when they went.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Was not happy with the treatmant of Dean Wilkins and so never got behind Adams second time around.

Was disgusted with the way that happened and lost a hell of a lot of respect for Adams.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wasn't posting on North Stand Chat back then, I was just a voyeur. However I would have been one of the first and loudest critics of Mark Mcghee. Never have I seen so many defeats snatched from Victories with incompetent substitutions. The only time I have ever turned my back on the Albion and stopped going. Apparently a nice bloke though.

Me too. Just didn't like his reign. There were considerable mitigating circumstances, but I thought he was dour, boring and uninterested at the end. Genuinely nice bloke though, having met him a couple of times.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Melia - just a joke manager...... Took us to a FA Cup Final, but the training was largely run by the senior pro's.

We posted at the same time. 100% agree. Laughed my head off when he turned up with his little gang in the North Stand just after he got the tin tack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here