Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
Watching match of the day last night they were saying a player (who I cant remember) was back in the starting 11 after being out for 2-3 weeks due to a hernia operation. Well this got me thinking that if that player can be back in the match day squad within that time why is it taking Bridcutt 2-3 months? I live on the same road as Liam and a couple of days after his 'operation' he was out cycling. I am no Physio but surely cycling isn't the best exercise to be doing just days after a hernia operation? It just makes me think that maybe an agreement has already been made for him to leave the club in January and part of the agreement is that he cannot play for us in that time.

I really hope that he is just out with an injury and there is nothing more in this but its all seems a bit odd. The club have been very quiet on this lately and it would be good if the club actually gave a return date for his injury. Saying that every player getting injured at our club seems to take forever to come back anyway!

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
I can't understand why this question is still being asked. It was announced more than a fortnight ago that he is suffering from an old pubic bone injury and it is that rather than the hernia which is keeping him out of the team.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
First name on Poyet's team sheet and Poyet through and through. No mystery to me. Things change at football clubs on a daily basis, but I don't think we will ever see Bridcutt play in the stripes again, unless they are red and white ones.....Out on his bike eh???,,,ummmm sounds about right.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Argus I believe said that he aggravated an old hip injury which has delayed his return. This was said about a month ago.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Watching match of the day last night they were saying a player (who I cant remember) was back in the starting 11 after being out for 2-3 weeks due to a hernia operation. Well this got me thinking that if that player can be back in the match day squad within that time why is it taking Bridcutt 2-3 months? I live on the same road as Liam and a couple of days after his 'operation' he was out cycling. I am no Physio but surely cycling isn't the best exercise to be doing just days after a hernia operation? It just makes me think that maybe an agreement has already been made for him to leave the club in January and part of the agreement is that he cannot play for us in that time.

I really hope that he is just out with an injury and there is nothing more in this but its all seems a bit odd. The club have been very quiet on this lately and it would be good if the club actually gave a return date for his injury. Saying that every player getting injured at our club seems to take forever to come back anyway!

Why would a buying club want a player they are buying not to play a game for several months between transfer windows :shrug: Would they really want someone to be completely out of form and far from match fitness :shrug:

It's amazing how ridiculous some of the conspiracy theories can become when a player is just out injured

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
Well if you make an agreement to sign a player and pay out 3-5 million and then he gets a long term injury would you be happy? Im sure if a deal has already been made the other club would rather him just keep himself fit away from football to minimize the risk of injury.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
We will be told about little set backs and niggles right up until January, then he will be off and straight in the Sunderland side.

With all that went on with the club and Gus do you really think bloom and co will do any business with Gus ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
With all that went on with the club and Gus do you really think bloom and co will do any business with Gus ?

Business is business, if the offer is a good one and the player does NOT want to be here, then yes. All day long. Anyway we would be dealing with Sunderland football club, not Gus. I know a big part of the problem here was he though the club was his, but it wasn't and neither is Sunderland.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
First name on Poyet's team sheet and Poyet through and through. No mystery to me. Things change at football clubs on a daily basis, but I don't think we will ever see Bridcutt play in the stripes again, unless they are red and white ones.....Out on his bike eh???,,,ummmm sounds about right.

Total bollocks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Maybe yes maybe no...got a coin

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well if you make an agreement to sign a player and pay out 3-5 million and then he gets a long term injury would you be happy? Im sure if a deal has already been made the other club would rather him just keep himself fit away from football to minimize the risk of injury.

No money has changed hands and nothing has been signed otherwise the transfer would have taken place during the last transfer window so why would one club handicap itself by choosing not to play a player for several months until the next transfer window opens when the so called buying club may then decide not to buy them after all.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here